"The bundle version, NNN, must be a higher than the previously uploaded version"

Since today, I'm getting this message (including the typo) every single time I try to upload a new build of my app to both the macOS & iOS app stores.

If I upload the iOS version first, I'll get the error when I upload the macOS version. If I upload the macOS version first, I get the error on the iOS version.

It's a catalyst app and it's the same build across both platforms. Common build numbers between iOS & macOS have always been allowed, and I released a binary to both iOS & macOS app stores with the same build number last week.

Any idea what's going on?

• Any updates on this? I still cannot upload to testflight because of this error. I am using xcrun altool

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

We've identified the bug, fix coming up shortly. Sorry for the hassle.

• Thanks so much. Say hi to Ron.

• Thanks! Working well now.

• Hey I'm still facing this problem.

Add a Comment

Replies

Do we any ETA as to when this issue will be resolved? We're still unable to upload new builds.

• The original reported issue was fixed late Friday PT. Can you file a bug with your app id and the error you're seeing and post the bug # here? This might be a different issue and we'll look into it. Thanks.

• Hello, the bug number is FB9747102

Add a Comment

I'm seeing the issue today as well. The bundle version, 695, must be a higher than the previously uploaded version.

Same here.

Definitely working Ok for me. This was from a few minutes ago, from TestFlight:

I've uploaded lots of builds this week and haven't had a repeat of the problem.

• Hi. Since Wednesday I have the same problem. It does not matter what build number is set - during upload I always get this same error. Can someone help me?

Add a Comment

Getting the same error too. I always upload ios app and then mac catalyst app. But having the same error for the later one since yesterday. "The bundle version, NNN, must be a higher than the previously uploaded version."

Also reporting the same error today.

This problem still isn't solved. The problem arise for me right after accidentally the uploading terminated. Since, I've been getting this error even if the bundleid higher not just by one but two to the previous testflight.

I am still seeing this error today, on build numbers and uploads that were working fine before. Does anybody know if the fix was implemented already?

It's been working fine for me for the last few months. In fact I just uploaded a new build of my catalyst app today, with the same version & build number on iOS & macOS. Incidentally I now let Xcode manage build numbers for me.

We recently had to move from the iTMSTransporter app to atool, because Xcode 14 removed the former. We immediately hit an issue that's very similar to what's been discussed in this thread.

For example, if there's a release train 1.10.0, and there's already a build with build number 12345, one can't upload a build with number 1, 2, ... all the way up to 12345. Given that it used to work with the iTMSTransporter app, it seems like a limitation on the atool side.

same issue here, exactly as described by HorsePferd - everything worked ok with Xcode13 and iTMSTransporter, now this error appeared as soon as we moved to Xcode14

Today I still have the same issue, was the bug been fixed? I use Transporter uploading our .pkg build, the app delivered to app store connect but I was not able to find any build there. then I try to upload again, it shows me the version 1.0.0 is already exist? is there a way to find out my uploaded build and remove it?

I am experiencing the same problem while using Xcode 13.1 and altool. There is any build whose version is higher than the one I am trying to upload and yet it fails to submit the build to apple store connect. Please fix it.

I am experiencing the same problem while using Xcode 15.0