Xcode 13 typing is delayed / really slow

I just updated Xcode to the newest Version (13.0 13A233). And what I immediately recognized was that when I was typing in a large class (1000 Lines or more) the typing was delayed like 1 or 2 seconds. This makes it really hard to type or even do anything with my project. It works perfectly fine in smaller projects with only 100 Code Lines per File, but it is really hard to type in bigger projects with over 30 files and 3000 Code Lines per File. This always happens when I use Xcode, whether I run the app on a real device or a simulator.

Things that could cause the issue in my case:

• I removed the contents of ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport, because it took the device previously too long to launch, but I don´t think that this should have an effect on my Xcode typing performance.

I would really appreciate any help, because this issue makes my work impossible and really concerns me a lot.

• me too.

• me too.

• Any updates on this? Been dealing with it for years. Every time I press a key there is a .5-1 second delay. Impossible to code like this!! Come on Apple, fix this please!

Replies

me too. Specifically enter/delete to add/remove new empty lines is really slow

My solution: Issue was with adding/removing new lines being reeeeeeeeeealy slow (like 2 second delay after hitting ENTER) It's is helped massively by closing all other open tabs. Obviously this is a pretty lame solution as the tabs are really handy.