Xcode 13 typing is delayed / really slow

I just updated Xcode to the newest Version (13.0 13A233). And what I immediately recognized was that when I was typing in a large class (1000 Lines or more) the typing was delayed like 1 or 2 seconds. This makes it really hard to type or even do anything with my project. It works perfectly fine in smaller projects with only 100 Code Lines per File, but it is really hard to type in bigger projects with over 30 files and 3000 Code Lines per File. This always happens when I use Xcode, whether I run the app on a real device or a simulator.

Things that could cause the issue in my case:

• I removed the contents of ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS DeviceSupport, because it took the device previously too long to launch, but I don´t think that this should have an effect on my Xcode typing performance.

I would really appreciate any help, because this issue makes my work impossible and really concerns me a lot.

Thx Sgu...hopefully that might? get us some real attention. Really hope so.

Same issue. In a struct with nothing more than a bunch of static constants (roughly 1,300), each keystroke took about two seconds. Splitting the struct up into several extensions (each with about 50 constants), seemed to resolve the issue in that file.

Xcode 13.2 beta 2 (13C5081f) - same story. Back to Xcode 12.5.1 again 🙁

same issue for me too. Very laggy

Same problem here, super annoying for developing in your daily job.

Xcode 13.1 on a week old MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max with 64GB RAM and it's laggy as hell. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Has anyone filed a bug report?

Just back to 12.5.1 until bug will be fixed..

I don't know why Apple forbid launch 12.5.1, but you can do it by terminal command: /Applications/Xcode12.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

me too.

me too.

This bug has brought my project to a halt.

Is there a way to build to ios 15 and macOS 12 using Xcode 12? I am delaying upgrading due to this.

I think the answer is “no,” so I am stranded because my large project is impossible to edit realistically. How can can an issue like this get past v .0?

Has anyone received replies regarding their bug reports? For such a big issue, it is taking a very long time to get feedback.

Same issue here, I just moved from my MacBook Retina 2016 core M7 to the new MacBook Air M1 and having the same annoying issue !

I got an email asking for additional information, but I can't see that they're asking for anything on the actual ticket. The only update I see is the number of similar tickets…

Recent Similar Reports:Less than 10

For info, my ticket is FB9780474 (Xcode is laggy as hell)

Xcode 13 typing is delayed / really slow

Q