App built with Xcode 13 RC rejected for using pre-release software ?

Submitted a build for iOS 15 and app was rejected with the following message. Is there something special we need to do when submitting early for iOS 15 using Xcode 13 RC?

Could it be that I selected "Release immediately?" I expected that to actually release immediately on the 20th??

Your app or its metadata contains references to a pre-release version of Apple software, products, or hardware. Apps with compatibility references to a pre-GM version of an Apple operating system SDK or pre-released Apple products or hardware are not in compliance with the Apple Developer Program License Agreement.

Specifically, section 2.3 states:

"Apple may provide You with pre-release versions of the Apple Software or related services that constitute Apple Confidential Information and are subject to the confidentiality obligations of this Agreement."

Next Steps

Please remove all references to pre-release versions of Apple software, products, and hardware from your app and its metadata.

• I solved this problem by updating the release note. I specifically changed this "Compatibility with iOS 15" to this one "Compatibility with last iOS version".

• Same issue for me. Really frustrating

Add a Comment

Replies

I solved this problem by updating the release note. I specifically changed this "Compatibility with iOS 15" to this one "Compatibility with last iOS version".

Same issue for me. What’s really frustrating is “Apps with compatibility references to a pre-GM version of an Apple operating system SDK” suggests that it is totally acceptable to refer to a GM version. iOS 15 is in GM (or RC as they’ve called it for a long time).