App takes forever to launch on Xcode 13 Beta 2 and iOS 15 Beta 2

On Beta 2, on multiple devices, my app stays for 1-2 minutes in the launch screen when the debugger is attached. This used to take a second max in beta 1.

If I set a breakpoint, it stops at the end of the launch screen with the following backtrace:

Thread 1#0    0x00000001018266d4 in _dyld_debugger_notification ()
#1    0x0000000101809918 in dyld4::lldb_image_notifier(dyld_image_mode, unsigned int, dyld_image_info const*) ()
#2    0x00000001017f3334 in dyld4::RuntimeState::notifyDebuggerLoad(dyld3::Array<dyld4::Loader const*> const&) ()
#3    0x00000001017f68c8 in dyld4::prepare(dyld4::APIs&, dyld3::MachOAnalyzer const*) ()
#4    0x000000010180980c in start ()

Running from the home screen without Xcode attached is fast as always. Does anyone have an idea where I can start looking? This makes debugging very hard...

• The accepted suggestion does not work for me. Anyone got any ideas?

• In iOS15 beta4, every time I tried to turn off the Apple Watch when I encountered this issue, I was able to fix it, but in beta5, there is no longer any way to fix the issue found on the web.

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

I found the answer: Delete ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS\ DeviceSupport, restart Xcode and let it re-build the Device support. Afterwards the app starts with the debugger attached as quickly as before.

Replies

I found the answer: Delete ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS\ DeviceSupport, restart Xcode and let it re-build the Device support. Afterwards the app starts with the debugger attached as quickly as before.

It works. Thanks a lot!

It did not work for me. I tried multiple times to delete the ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/iOS\ DeviceSupport, restart Xcode. Delete cache, unpair the device and re-pair it. After trying all of the above I deselected Product -> Scheme -> Edit scheme -> Select Run (left column) -> untick Debug executable Not the best solution probably but waiting for Apple to fix this. It seems a bug...

• I have also tried all the solution but nothing worked for me. I am using stable XCode 13.1 and iOS 15.

• **This is worked for me. **

Add a Comment

it is particularly worst with this M1 2020, this machine is for kids not for developers