On XCode 12.5 beta simulator, I can't access Certificate Trust Settings or install certs from profile

Trying to use Charles with XCode 12.5 simulator, but the simulator's Settings app freezes when I tap Certificate Trust Settings row. Also stuck on loading spinner when I try to install the cert via a profile download.

Replies

Same here, hope this is resolved in the next beta.
Is resolved for me in the latest beta released today.
@dsica-wml how did you resolved? to me, my simulator in 14.5 beta 3 still doesn't do communication.
on my system i have ProxyMan and system helper tool installed, but this doesn't cause issue on iOS 14.4 simulator.
@Harry+L, I didn't have to do anything special. I was just able to access Certificate Trust Settings unlike the previous beta. Maybe unrelated but it also resolved issues with networking connections from the Simulator.
I just downloaded the Xcode 12.5 offical release and it seems like this issue has not been resolved. Hitting any of my app's services through a simulator causes an SSL proxy error.

So far I have tried:
  1. Standard method of Installing root cert to iOS simulators via Charles Help menu

2. Manually saving the Charles root cert and dragging it into a booted simulator

3. Downloading the Charles cert from ...chls.pro/ssl and enabling via Settings>About>Cert Trust Settings

None of the above have fixed the SSL cert error. Anyone know of any other workarounds?

For security reasons, Xcode 12.5 disables the script to add the Charles certificate to your simulator. The same applies for Proxyman (prior 2.20.0 version) and Fiddler

You need to add the certificate to the simulator manually as detailed here:

[(https://proxyman.io/posts/2021-04-17-Install-Certificate-For-iOS-Simulator-On-Xcode-12.5.html)]