Xcode Simulator m1 - can't pick images

Hi,

can anybody confirm that there are a problem with the image picker on Xcode 12.4 / Sim 12.4 on the new apple silicon MacBook m1?

Best,
Dominik
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of dominik1 Down vote post of dominik1
17k views

Apple Recommended

• tried in XCode 13.3 still facing the same issue. what does 81553152 mean?

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue here. Unable to "choose" an image from the gallery. M1 MacBook Pro.

yes. I have same problem on m1. İ've tried to run with intel chipset mac, it runned performantly, but when I swıtched to MacM1 ,same code that contains image ui picker , doesn't work on M1 chipset. i dont understand why there is no response or no comments from Apple or Xcode !!

Can confirm, issue on xcode 12.5.1, ios 14.5 + big sur 11.5.1. Intel mac minis on same setup have no issue, all m1s unable to save image in simulators (or react at all to picked images).

Can also confirm that this is not an issue on Xcode 12.5.1 and iOS 14.1 and iOS 14.4 (didn't test interim versions), but is an issue on iOS 14.5

In my case I was using flutter and simulator on M1 MacBook Air. I also could not run image picker.

But flowing this article and added code below to info.plist solve my ploblem.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67715972/flutter-image-picker-not-working-in-ios-14-with-mac-m1-chip-simulator

<key>NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription</key>
<string>Need to upload image</string>
<key>NSCameraUsageDescription</key>
<key>NSMicrophoneUsageDescription</key>

Spec:
Simulator iOS 14.5
Xcode 12.5.1
Flutter 2.2.3

Hope this help.

This issue is fixed in iPhone 13 (IOS 15.0) simulator on M1 chip.

• This is wrong information, I use xcode13.2 & iPhone13(iOS15.2) simulator, same issue

Add a Comment

I was just able to fix this problem. I'm on an M1 MacBook Air.

I upgraded to Monterey, but that didn't fix it. Then I installed Xcode 13, which uses iPhone 13 as the default phone for emulation, and it started working. I'm not sure if it was the Xcode upgrade or using the iPhone 13 that did the trick.

• tried in XCode 13.3 still facing the same issue. what does 81553152 mean?

Add a Comment

Thank you for the confirmation that issue is resolved in latest Xcode (81553152).

Using MAC Studio running Montery 12.3.1 XCode 13.3.1 Still having image issues with simulators that target iOS newer than 13.7.

Actual error displayed when image render is attempted:

[db] _LSSchemaConfigureForStore failed with error Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-10817 "(null)" UserInfo={_LSFunction=_LSSchemaConfigureForStore, ExpectedSimulatorHash={length = 32, bytes = 0x4014b70c 8322afc9 dfb06ed8 13148b48 ... b6adae0d b2637192 }, _LSLine=405, WrongSimulatorHash={length = 32, bytes = 0x073253e6 9a9b67cc 089d6640 ca4fdb3e ... 46b00d8b bca98999 }}

For me, image rendering error above occurs when rendering an image within a UITtextView following an HTML attributedString conversion.

Everything works fine when using simulator targeting iOS 13.7 or earlier OR an an actual hardware device. Also - everything works fine on my NON M1 Macs.

For now I'm developing using simulator targeting iOS 13.7 - then testing pre-release on actual device running 14 and higher. Important to test pre-release on actual hardware anyway but it would certainly be nice if Apple could resolve this so I didn't have to fall back to the simulators targeting iOS 13.7.

Facing same issue...

I am having an issue regarding this when running our XCTest cases, where it will show an all white screen instead of the images for the image picker. It only happens when running our automation tests on an M1 and not Intel. We are using XCode 13.2.1.

It's still an ongoing issue for my M1 machine. We are using XCode 15.0.1. and IOS 17 (iPad 10th gen). Can someone confirm if a fix has been put into place?