App Store Distribution fails on valid com.apple.developer.healthkit.access value

The error trying to distrubute to the store
Code Block
According to the provisioning profile, the bundle contains a key value that is not allowed: '[]' for the key 'com.apple.developer.healthkit.access' in 'Payload/<app>.app/<app>'

Looking at the docs, this is a valid value:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/bundleresources/entitlements/com_apple_developer_healthkit_access

Similarly, I had no issue until this appeared randomly....

Entitlement File
Code Block
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>com.apple.developer.healthkit.access</key>
<array/>
<key>aps-environment</key>
<string>development</string>
<key>com.apple.developer.associated-domains</key>
<array>
<string>webcredentials:invoy.com</string>
<string>webcredentials:invoy.dev</string>
<string>webcredentials:invoydev.com</string>
<string>webcredentials:invoystage.com</string>
<string>applinks:invoy.com</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoy.com</string>
<string>applinks:invoy.dev</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoy.dev</string>
<string>applinks:invoydev.com</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoydev.com</string>
<string>applinks:invoystage.com</string>
<string>applinks:www.invoystage.com</string>
</array>
<key>com.apple.developer.healthkit</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</plist>

HealthKit is enabled as a capability in Apple Profile as well as for the product.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be going wrong? Seems like I am correctly following the practices.

Accepted Reply

I removed com.apple.developer.healthkit.access and fixed it.

Replies

Same Problem Here. Wasting my hours when apple change something and does not let developers know about it. Great developer experience. Thanks.
same here!
Just an update - suggestions did work for me. Just make sure to delete com.apple.developer.healthkit.access key and value. Was able to access Apple Health and release build on testflight
I have the same problem but with com.apple.developer.icloud-container-identifiers key. Moreover, the build I uploaded never reached App Store Connect after ~40 minutes
Same problem. I did get a build to upload if I hand deleted "com.apple.developer.healthkit.access", but I'm concerned about releasing that build if cause that had unintended consequences. Hopefully Apples fixes this issue soon.
I was facing the same error, I fixed searching for the key Keychain Access groups and removing it from the entitlements, it was an empty array.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/65719776/xcode-according-to-the-provisioning-profile-the-bundle-contains-a-key-value-th/65719802#65719802
I got the same Problem, I don't wanna remove anything from my project, I need a official explanation, anybody know?
Adding health-records value into array of com.apple.developer.healthkit.access key or removing this key from entitlements at all fixes this uploading issue but build doesn't appear in App Store Connect and later we get an email with error:
ITMS-90000: This bundle is invalid - $message.
This issue is described here https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/671373
I fixed this by adding the health-records entry like so:

Code Block
<dict>
<array>
<string>health-records</string>
</array>
</dict>

Does anyone know if I set com.apple.developer.healthkit.access to health-records (which I believe is the same as checking the box for "Clinical Access Records") just to fix this App Store Connect bug, and submit the version to Apple and they approve it, can I just remove that capability afterwards?

Or is it like "Made for Kids" where once your app has ever had access to "Clinical Health Records" you can't remove that permission?

The other problem is it sounds like you'd need some sort of medical study to have access to clinical records, so it's not so simple as checking a checkbox, right?

We're encountering the same ITMS-90000: This bundle is invalid - $message. when uploading to App Store Connect so removing the "healthkit.access" key isn't a solution for us.

Thanks,
Andrew
Hey guys, don't change your code, I'm also getting this issue and wasted a few hours on it, but have a look on Apple system status page:

Apple system status page
  • App Store Connect App Processing - Outage

Yesterday, 12:15 PM - ongoing
Some users are affected
Users are experiencing a problem with this service.
  • TestFlight - Outage

Today, 12:34 PM - ongoing
Some users are affected
Users are experiencing a problem with this service. We are investigating and will update the status as more information becomes available.
same
What worked for me was to remove the following line in the .entitlements file
<array/>
<array/>
Code Block
<array/>