Apple FeedBack service

I have a general question for the apple customers here... Does the Feedback assistant ever solved any problem you have reported?

Because I've filled 2 DTS and both have redirected me to this nice assistant to post the problem there... the first one maybe 1 month ago, has been completely ignored, even being an iOS 14.0 and 14.0.1 bug confirmed by several users. And seems the other one I filled is going to be ignored too.

So I'm just wondering if this is the kind of support I must expect by using apple's services.

Replies

Look in the Feedback assistant for a survey a few months ago "Feedback Assistant Developer Survey", and answer it.

I agree that FBA is a bit disappointing, even though I understand they receive literally millions of FB.
So probably they use it to get some priorities, less to communicate with developers…

On the other end, DTS has most often be very effective, as well as calls to support.
Yeah but DTS gave me back the ticket and told me to use the Feedback assistant , also tried calling but they knew less info than myself about the problem.
Effectively, that's bad news when DTS sends you back to the forum…

Did you post your question on the forum, or on SO ? If so, could you give the link ?
Here the link in the apple dev forum:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/666216

Here the link in SO:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/64770951/cloudkit-dashboard-logs-history-and-live-empty

Even if you don't know the answer you would help me up voting them.

Thanks a lot for caring.

Does the Feedback assistant ever solved any problem you have reported?

Sometimes

So I'm just wondering if this is the kind of support I must expect by using apple's services.

It sounds about right. Your bugs aren't being ignored, it is just that Apple runs at a massive scale. They have over a billion devices in use.

The only definitive advice I can give is to never wait for bugs to be fixed. The best I have ever seen was getting a bug fixed in about 3 months. If you find a bug, write a bug report, but also write a workaround. If this bug only exists in a beta build, then, if you're really lucky, you may be able to pull out your workaround before the OS version is released. But in most cases, the workaround will be permanent.