[New App Store Privacy badges] "Crash Data" means third-party SDK?

Hi! Please explain me about https://developer.apple.com/app-store/app-privacy-details/

I'm use only a native xcode "Crashes" tab in organaizer for check app crashes.

I'm need checkbox a "Crash Data" in "Diagnostics"? If this only means third-party SDK?

Accepted Reply

My understanding is that yes you should disclose that you are using Apple's crash reporting. I drew that conclusion from their statement that "If you collect data about your app from Apple frameworks or services, you should indicate what data you collect and how you use it."

Replies

My understanding is that yes you should disclose that you are using Apple's crash reporting. I drew that conclusion from their statement that "If you collect data about your app from Apple frameworks or services, you should indicate what data you collect and how you use it."
Apple collects the crash data, not your app. All apps on the App Store collect crash data, so I doubt Apple would leave it up to us to tick this checkbox (we would all have to). It must refer to collecting crash data from third party libraries in this case. We need clarity from Apple on this point though.
If you used something like Crashlytics or Sentry then the answer is yes, you have to declare it, but on the privacy details page it specifies "You are not responsible for disclosing data collected by Apple". I am interpreting that to include Apple's own crash reporter.

That being said, I am not a lawyer, and if Apple releases an official statement on this one way or the other, do that. Until then, I'm not counting it myself.

Was this ever clarified by an Apple employee?

It doesn't seem like we should have to tick the diagnostics box based on the statement: "You are not responsible for disclosing data collected by Apple." for crash logs and diagnostics provided in the xcode interface, otherwise every app in the app store would have to have this option checked if it was required.