Auto Renewing Subscription & Sandbox Testing in iOS 14

I'm attempting to utilize the new sandbox testing announced 9/9/2020. I'm most interested in the ability to test cancellation, renewal, etc of an auto renewing subscription by following the instructions here:
https://developer.apple.com/documentation/storekit/in-app_purchase/testing_in-app_purchases_with_sandbox

But a number of things don't jive:
  1. The documentation indicates there should be a Sandbox Account section on the device in Settings > Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store. This is not the case for me. I simply don't have that section.

2. I do, however, have a Sandbox Account section in Settings > App Store. I can successfully sign in my sandbox account here. I'm able to then make sandbox purchases just fine.

3. But, when I tap on the sandbox account I get the option to Manage it. I would expect this is where I could test cancellation, resubscribing, etc. But all it does is present a page that says "Cannot Connect" with a Retry button.

One thing I'm unclear about is whether I should verify the sandbox testing account I created. Apple sent an email asking me to, but I'm afraid if I sign in at id.apple.com it will disable the sandbox features.

I'm running the app via Xcode 12 beta 6. My test device is running iOS 14 beta (18A5373a).

The instructions seem straightforward. But I feel like I've missed something simple as I cannot find other folks reporting the same issue after the announcement that this is available. Any help would be appreciated as the cancellation, renewal, etc process has been a black box to develope against until now.

Replies

Stop now and verify your account as requested. Failure to do so is willfully preventing you from going forward on many levels...if that means having to repeat effort, consider it a small price to pay for being able to continue working.

Good luck.

Stop now and verify your account as requested. Failure to do so is willfully preventing you from going forward on many
levels...if that means having to repeat effort, consider it a small price to pay for being able to continue working.

I verified the sandbox email- no luck. Same result. I also created a new sandbox email, invited as sandbox tester, and verified before signing in as a sandbox tester on my device. Still no luck.

What of the location of the sandbox account (#1 & #2 in my original post). Is that correct and the documentation is wrong? Or is it an indicator of something even larger out of sync?