Mac App Store Sandbox Test -> App is Damaged..

macOS 10.15.6 - Xcode 11.7
This app has been in App Store for over a year.
The code in question here has been working and tested.
It no longer functions as before...

Attempting to test a brand new install using a sandbox account on a Mac.

Receipt validation is run in main.m with:
Code Block
            return NSApplicationMain(argc, (const char **)argv);
        }
} @catch (NSException *e) {
        exit(173);
    }

Delete the appropriate folder in ~/../Containers
Clean - Build - Run

When Run the exception is trapped and the prompt for sandbox credentials is shown. Upon completion of the credentials I receive the 'app is damaged and cannot be opened...'

I have logged out, I have rebooted, I have tried with a different sandbox account - all to no avail.

Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated!
Thanks for your time!
Steve

Replies

For those following along at home:

I have now tried changing the build number in addition to the bundleID - same result.

I now feel blocked!

I need to get past this.
What the heck is going on?
Folks;

Some further data because I just know you were all waiting on the edge of your seats!

So I defer the receipt validation which normally occured during main.m.
When a SKReceiptRefreshRequest is issued it errors out with a strange error:
Code Block
Error Domain=SKErrorDomain Code=0 "(null)" UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x600000d2a250 {Error Domain=com.apple.commerce.client Code=500 "(null)"

It 'feels' like something has changed recently in Catalina... This all used to work!
I'm stuck here - I have a bug fix to get into the App Store but the only way I can see to do that is to remove all the receipt handling because it no longer works. This stinks!

Can someone please point me to some useful information? Please!

Steve
We are facing the same issue (https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/659083) – no receipt is installed and depending on macOS version (we've tried High Sierra and Catalina), direction of the wind, etc. it either fails silently (to the user) or throws up the app damaged warning.

Given it is failing on at least two macOS versions we suspect it isn't the local end but something wrong at the MAS sandbox end.

Tried reporting by email to Apple, response didn't help solve the issue.

We've now raised a DTS support request and are waiting for a response.

Hopefully Apple will soon figure out what is borked.
Same is happening for me. Here's a post I made earlier today about it:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/659149?page=1#630739022

Been happening for over a week now on 3 different OS's (High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina) and 3 different Macs (iMac Pro, MacBook Pro 2014, iMac 2010).

Please file a bug report about this issue using the Feedback Assistant.
Per DTS request above I have filed: FB8620384 at ~3pm PDT 9/3/2020
Now officially filed:) FB8620533

Interestingly, the last quick test I did just before submitting the FB report actually worked. It was the first time in 8 days I've received _MASReceipt data. Maybe our good friends at DTS have already started looking into the issue...?
Well after dev support sent us back to the forums and DTS, DTS sent us to Feedback Assistant...
  • FB8620903 (Mac App Store Sandbox failing to install MAS Receipt)

We suggest in our report that they update the three (we know of) forums threads on the issue directly, we can but ask :-)
At 7:20 pm PDT 9/3/2020 I tried the receipt validation in main.m as was originally in place.

Worked as designed!
Methinks something was changed on the backend...

Thank-You to everybody involved.

We've now tested on same platforms as before (High Sierra & Catalina) and it is working again. So concur Apple have fixed their backend but our FB report is still marked as Open as of time of writing.

I'm seeing this same failure now on macOS 12.3.1 with Xcode 13.3.1. Is there anything I can do for it on my end besides reporting to Apple?

• I'm seeing the failure too, and I'm seeing some other recent posts about it. Looks like the problem is back. We should all probably send bug reports.

Add a Comment