"ITMS-90853: Invalid font" on TestFlight build

Hi. I uploaded an app built with the iOS 14 SDK to App Store Connect. It worked for internal testing, but then when I submitted the build to external testing, I got this error:

Dear Developer,
We identified one or more issues with a recent submission for TestFlight review for your app, "Pyto - Python 3" 13.0 (306). Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

ITMS-90853: Invalid font - There was an error validating the font at 'Pyto.app/docs_build/html/_static/fonts/RobotoSlab/roboto-slab-v7-regular 2.woff'. Validation failed.

... and the same error for more fonts.

It worked before and the app was approved for the App Store. I googled the error and I found nothing.

What does Invalid font mean? Is there any documentation for this?

Thanks.

Replies

I got the same issue when uploading a build today with Xcode beta 5. The font have been in the app for over a year.
I'm having the same problem on Xcode 12 beta 6. I found an online woff validator and it said it was valid. It's getting to the point we need to get our app build onto TestFlight, and this is now blocking us.
Same issue, how to fix it
Encountering the same issue with Xcode 12.0.1. Anyone resolved this issue?
Encountered the same issue when trying to submit updated Ionic based app. Removed all the woff fonts in:

www/assets/fonts/

and

Staging/www/assets/fonts/

, and it worked. Ionic code has fallbacks for other font types.
I was facing same issue. There is no clear information provided by Apple.

But, If you have added iOS 14 widget and facing this issue then update the target membership of your fonts with the Widget Extension will do the trick.
If I submit to external testing then issue occurred again!!

Is there any solutions?
After so many research I found the solution.

Here I am posting the solution on StackOverflow : https://stackoverflow.com/q/64348482/3202193

Hope it help others!