iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

I have a new iPhone Xs Max and out of the box I had connectivity problems. Wifi works just fine but the problem is with my reception as I get ,,No service'' all the time and unable to make calls. I went to Apple store in Frankfurt and they couldn't determine what's wrong, they ran diagnostics and told me that the phone has strong reception and nothing wrong with it but on the other hand I had a chat with Apple USA and they also ran diagnostics and told me that this could be a hardware problem, so I see conflicting opinions by Apple which extremely frustrating. The only solution that seemed to work but still unreliable is to reinstall iOS using DFU mode which made my phone receive signal for a couple hours but then dropped signal, so this means that it not a hardware but a software issue. I am on iOS 14.0.1 and will not update until Apple finally finds a WORKING solution to this miserable piece of technology. It is mostly unstable when 4G is activated in the settings so I have to switch to 3G manually so that I can receive signal which means that I am never getting 4G on this phone. I would still be relatively happy if it worked only with 3G but the signal also drops and I get ,,No service'' and only a restart fixes it which is EXTREMELY annoying and even sometimes a restart doesn't fix it and I am stuck with phone which doesn't make calls, how sarcastic is that! This is the biggest prank ever pulled by Apple on me which left me frustrated with a very expensive USELESS phone so I guess I am never buying an iPhone again!
No solution apart from restarting the device from my end.

However an apple support rep did get me to recreate the issue and perform diagnostics, after reviewing the logs he mentioned that the engineering team 'confirmed' it was a hardware problem. After getting my device replaced the issue is still occurring.

Hopefully iOS 14.1 which was just released solves this issue.
Problem fixed !
im using IPhone 7 and just installed iOS 14.1.0 using iTunes . Took an hour and several tries ( WiFi upload not work )
now have cellular- let’s see how long .
lesson learnt- dont install new iOS until maybe a month after released .
At least Apple listened and acted .
i was wrong :( updated to iOS 14.1.0 - worked for 3 hours .
way to go Apple- keep up the great work you are doing - NOT
iOS 14.1 update didn't work for me either. Has anyone tried 14.2 beta 4 update because I heard there is a modem update in that and may fix different connectivity issues?
I tried the iOS 14.2 Beta 2 version and it did NOTHING, issue persists. I can not go out with my phone because I don't have reception at all, instead I go out with my old yet reliable Nexus 5X :(
iOS 14.1...didn't solve anything. My iPhone 7 is still there...dead and USELESS...after the 14.0.1 update and now 14.1...nothing is changed.
I've advised all my contacts TO DO NOT UPDATE to 14.1 if their phone is not under warranty. I'm doing the same on MACOS for Big Sur.
It's a real shame that NOONE in Apple is doing, or saying, something to help us to get our iPhone working as before...not better...but AS BEFORE iOS 14, able to call/receive and browse Internet like phone with Android, for only 50€.
For Apple support we don't exist, 14.0.1 is working "perfectly" and for them it's only an hardware problem....That's All. They repeat the same "mantra". If you wanna fix...buy another iphone (as I've done...to get my data back).
Why don't allow me to install 13.7 again??? Why??? At least allow to your technician to do that in Apple Center...
It's unbelievable what's happening with this update...absurd and this "silence" is adding also more frustration.
The worst experience ever with Apple.

Having the same exact problem with my son's iPhone 7. He upgraded to 14.01. Got the cellular error. I tried to upgrade to 14.1 - upgrade failed. I tried to restore from backup - phone went into cycle between Apple logo and black. I forced phone into recovery mode and restored to factory settings. This worked but still have the cellular error, therefore can't even activate the phone now.

I found this URL - https://support.apple.com/iphone-7-no-service/other-countries

Going to call Apple today and see what they say.
I will repost this because it seems almost nobody reads the older messages:

Steps:
  • Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection

• Disable "Automatic"

• Select your mobile network manually

• Restart the iPhone

After that, try to toggle airplane mode and check if the mobile network connection still works.
At the poster below,  Bug_reporter - dude I couldn't even get into the that menu when I got the error.
3rd update, for me the issue only pops up when roaming. Spend a few days in Belgium so on my "local" provider, no issues what so ever using 4G.
Now back in the UK, no connection on O2 or Vodafone, just does not want to connect. EE still same, connection but unable to receive/make calls, force to 3 and mobile data 3G works fine [unless 3 has no coverage in an area]. Still this does not solve the no service issue and should be a termp workaround.

iphone XS
iOS 14.2beta3 [because got a stable connection not sure of upgrading to beta4 unless I see someone that can confirm it fixes the issue]
This is ridiculous. Doesn’t Apple read our complaints? How about someone from Apple replying to us ? Nope . No care whatsoever. Useless piece of crap sitting on the desk now . We are all paying a phone line but can’t use it as a phone . Amazing !
Apple , i have always loved your products and have been a loyal apple costumer . This is about to change . You are clearly not concerned about all these peoples issues.
You messed our phones with the iOS 14 update , you need to fix it for us .

Same here: Spain Jazztel (omv) - XS 64

All work fine until I move with car seems like goes to no service and there is no solution, phone needs to be restarted. IOS 14.1 still having the issue. With previous versions never happened.

if you always have the 3G mode, this issue seems be solved but... i cannot suffer the speed difference
I’m able to resolve this by turning my phone off and on again, which is the reason I’m here looking for the proper solution!
I have iphone 6S with airtel sim. After upgrading to ios software version 14.1 . I am not getting airtel network. I have other android phones with airtel sim and they are working fine. Please look into this issue as soon as possible. At least provide us any quick solution for now.