iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
I encorauge u all to go to Apple store, and say the problem u have, in my case the replace with a new phone cause the cannot fix the problem.
I updated both my Iphone 11 pro max and my Ipad 11 pro to the IOS 14.4 and since then i have had nothing but problems trying to keep both cellular and wifi signal on, it either maxes out to full bars or drops out, even with 4g coverage it doesn't seem to be a stable connection if connected at all.. wish i hadn't bothered updating them. I wish i had stayed with Android.
Ever since updating to IOS 14 on my phone (iPhone 7 ) My 4g connection getting time out. The only solution I have found is Toggeling with Aeroplane mode, it starts working with 3G However, this solution only lasts for about 1min and drops out again to no Internet.

Only solution I found to switch permanently to 3G network which is persistent but my 4G is not working and that’s too much.

please let me know if there’s any solution for same. I am not sure if I can switch back to older aversion or not ?
Feb 4, 2021 - same issue. I just updated two phones (7 and SE) to 14.4 now can't get any data connectivity (using Visible on Verizon LTE). Put the sim into an iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.9 and have no issues with data connectivity. Argh.
My wife and I have both have the iPhone XR, and we're both experiencing cellular data issues with Verizon. It started after upgrading to iOS 14. We're currently on 14.4. It's super frustrating. We've tried all the usual things too (power off; reset network settings in iOS; toggle airplane mode; toggle to 3G, etc).

I am also having the same issue since 2020 march when i upgrade to ios13. Unfortunately battery drain as soon as i charged due to frequent network searching, by the way i lost the battery capacity because of frequent charge. Now i replace my battery and using the same problem persist. I don't know what is the use of using Iphone now i just threw it to garbage.

More than one year went apple did not have enough competent to solve this issue.

My iPhone 12 Pro updated to iOS 14.4 and now my phone has no longer cellular connection. I put the SIM card on my old iPhone 6 and it works perfectly, so the problem is not my carrier. I called Apple support and they were useless, just told me basic things like “turn your phone off and on again”. In fact, the representative hadn’t even heard about this issue with iOS 14.4 (when there are dozens of people with the same problem just on this thread). I totally regret not turning off the auto installation option! It’s irresponsible of Apple to put out software that hasn’t been fully tested, I really hope they fix it soon.
updated to 14.4 a couple of days ago - ever since then i cannot access internet on iphone 12. I can reproduce the issue by turning off wifi, then safari and everything else cannot access the internet. Phone calls work ok, and sms etc. And its not just my phone, my wife has an iphone 11 with same issue. Can anyone suggest what is going on here?
I foolishly updated also to 14.4. After two days, no service. Always says searching and then stops and says no service. Took it to carrier, they couldn’t find a fault. I have done all troubleshooting, including resinstalling OS. Fresh copy of 14.4 and even from the setup screens, no service. I have it booked in to be looked at, but this will take days if not weeks, because I’m in New Zealand; no apple stores here.
My iPhone 11 keeps on searching for cellular network then stops then no service appears, sometimes, the cellular network comes but I can’t make calls nor receive calls and I can’t send a text nor receive a text
iPhone 5se. Just updated to IOS 14.4
Took about an hour and rebooted multiple times but then got the "No Service" from the SIM.

After trying all of the above, the only thing that finally worked for me was removing the SIM card when the device was powered on. Rebooting with the SIM card still out.

Once it booted fully and I had entered my passcode, only then I inserted the SIM again and it started to work!

I have an IPhone 7 and it seems that my Cellular Data has been disabled, it keeps saying Searching it the top right and when I try and go into it on Settings nothing shows up, I am yet to install the 14.4 update because I have another bug having to do with WIFI, also I cannot make calls, I don’t know if that has to do with the 14.4 update or it is just a another of the bugs my phone is experiencing, My phone has basically disabled all of the things I use most on my phone and my parents and mad because they are paying for data when I don’t have it, please help😭😭
Does anyone acually know how to reproduce this bug/error?

Many people post that they have the same problem but what you really need to do is
to wtite exactly what you did when the problem was showing.

To solve the problem you have to be able to reproduce it.
I have just updated my IOS from 13.3 to 14.4 a few hours ago, this problem appeared!
I tried to consolidate what was my past environment.
  • ip XR

• storage - 59.3GB / 64GB

• using dual sim (2)

• connecting wifi

• circular data-ON

• Sync. - OFF

After I downloaded the patch and install, a failed message appeared and aborted installation. I need to reboot to install the patch. I figured out this problem after the "Hello" screen. The wifi is still connection and the circular data turns off (cannot turn on). I have performed the below actions and did not work. The last step is reboot and it resume normal.
  1. setting > circular data> off

2. setting > circular data> on

3. circular data plan > all off

4. circular data plan > turn on 1 of them

5. problem still exist, shut down and reopen

6. circular data back

Same issues here! My iPhone 11 has no cellular data (shows full bars until you try to make a call, browse the net or open an app) horrific reception if you manage to get on a call, super fast battery loss (I feel like I have a landline phone again how frequently it’s plugged in to charge)

tried all suggestions for fixing/troubleshooting without any success.
  • airplane mode toggle on/off

• cellular data toggle on/off

• network settings reset

• hard reset

I put my sim in an old iPhone 6s and it works fine, so it’s 14.4 on iPhone 11 issue. I created this account just so I can reply to this thread! I have been having issues for quite sometime and thought it was my provider so I switched from Optus to Telstra and it didn’t make any difference! So glad I found this thread.

Any update on a solution? A previous reply notes to take phone to Apple and it will be replaced? Anyone else done this successfully?
  • **EDIT***

Have spent all morning on the chat and phone to apple trying to resolve this issue. I had a Norton subscription on my phone and the VPN was overriding everything on cellular data, I could t even turn it off in settings. Once Norton app was deleted, everything started to work normally again!! Not sure who this may help, but my phone seemingly works again after the security app on my phone was removed. Apple advice - If you don’t want to remove the Norton app, your best option is to contact the app developer and provide your feedback and see if they can troubleshoot you through a solution. Goodluck
Has anyone tried reverting to a prior ios version? 14.3 or 14.2?
This link explains how (no spaces)
https://www.redmondpie. com /how-to-downgrade-ios-14.3-the-easy-way-guide/
So horrible to have sudden “no cellular service” when I have many important teleconferences daily. Luckily I got to a Verizon Store just before closing. One attendant had just been informed of the OS 14.4 problem. Went thru the normal reboot, then he decided to replace the SIM card which appeared to fix this issue immediately. However, reading thru other replies perhaps only needed to remove SIM card, reboot and replace same card. Anyhow, so glad was fixed and hope apple will not put out OS upgrades that render iPhone useless.
Going on...4 months for me.

For my birthday- I am getting an android.
I’m so devastated. I did the 14.4 iOS update yesterday and now there’s no cellular data in my iPhone XS. I’ve tried everything...To be honest, when I discovered that forum, it was some kind of relief to me that I’m not the only one, but the prospect that I have to go back to my old iPhone 6s is really terrible 😢 I still can’t get over the fact that my new phone is useless for good...
My wife's iPhone 11 is running iOS 14.4. Issues started when phone was replaced under AppleCare+ ~ mid-December/20. We ran a few of the suggested steps but after about a week, the issue disappeared. All was fine until a couple of days ago. Call to Apple resulted in a recommendation to call provider after phone settings reviewed remotely. Call to provider (Bell Canada) identified "an outage in your area" (son on same provider in same house is working). After call, I reset to Network settings and this worked all evening but issue returned by this morning and same process doesn't resolve it. No VPN software has ever been used. Plan to attempt a clean install and restore shortly.

One thing I noticed though - in Settings -> General -> About, "Modem Firmware" is blank. I assume that should show a version, even if there is no SIM, antenna issues, carrier outage, etc. This firmware should enumerate when the phone powers up. I'm curious if anyone else is missing this info as well. That means that either the code that scans the modem is corrupted or (more likely) this is a hardware problem.
Hey!

I suffered with no mobile data, or being able to make or receive calls or texts for about 2 weeks on my iPhone 11 Pro (since 14.5 beta). I couldn't even get One-Time pins for banking. I tried rebooting countless times - nothing. I had some limited success getting mobile data working by turning 4G off but calls still didnt work and the reception bars appeared greyed out when they were shown at all.

Today I removed the beta profile, restarted the device and then re-added the profile and rebooted again. Not sure if it was just a fluke but now my iPhone 11 Pro is working as it should on 4G. I never had any VPNs installed either.

I just wanted to post here in the hopes that it might help one person fix their issue too.
Yes. Turning off iMessage and phone will help too
Can you delete the beta than get it back when you’re not a dev?
After a week of frustration I discovered this discussion. My issue is different but I think it's related. And after reading the 31-page discussion I can confirm my suspicion that the problem I am facing is due to iOS 14.X.

My issue is that I switched from Mint to Hello Mobile last week with two lines (one on iPhone X running ios 14.3, and the other on iPhone 6s latest iOS 14.4). They both worked flawless on Mint before the switch. On the night I switched, i was facing two issues.
  1. iPhone 6s only connected Hello Mobile 3G (not LTE), and only voice/text works but no data. (and Carrier Settings update in About repeated beng offered even I allowed it to update, so it seems the carrier settins never got updated). And, the APN in Cellular settings in all blank. With manually entered APN info (sas instructed by Hello Mobile Senior support), it was still a no go.

2. iPhone X has a bigger issue. At the moment I inserted the new sim, it pops up saying Activation Required. And I proceeded and the activation never succeeded (even prompted to connect to iTunes on a Mac, which also failed to activate). There is one user in this discussion also mentioned his/her phone is bricked (being asked to activate too after upgrading to 14. it's also iPhone X). Once I took out the sim, i can start using my phone (just no cellular service). The phone is a unlock GSM phone even though Apple suspected it was a locked phone initially.

and both sims work as expected if I put them on another iPhone 6s and 6) that runs 13.X and 12.X respectively. Both connected to Hello Mobile LTE.

Hello Mobile would not be able to figure out, while Apple is working on my case (for iphone 6s) with senior support staff (and thru their engineers), but they won't get back to me for another few days.

So, I ended up with two non-working lines after switching to Hello Mobile. (the number portings were successfully).

iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Q