iOS 14 Beta 3 Bluetooth issue

Hello.

Bluetooth has some serious issue, my iPhone and iPad cannot connect to my AirPods Pro, Powerbeats Pro and Beats Studio 2. Did forget all my earphones from all my devices, a network reset as well but the issue is still there.

they connect well on my Apple Watch and Mac with big sur.

It’s going to be a long wait until Apple fixes this issue.

Replies

Seeing the same issue on my iPhone 11 but not on my iPad 9.7". A real pain of a regression! Such is beta life, serves me for using my main phone for development.
I’ve got the same issue. I can temporarily fix it with a reset network settings. It seems that if I manually switch the AirPods from my iPhone 11 Pro Max to my iPad Pro and back, the problem reappears. Same thing happens with my Beats Solo Pro. This is a huge inconvenience! For now until there’s a fix I will only use AirPods with my iPhone and Beats Solo Pro with iPad.
I am experiencing a similar issue with Bluetooth and audio signal transmission. Using iOS 14 Public Beta 2 (18A5332f) on my iPhone 11. Haven't actually tried with my Airpods (1st gen) or Beats Studio 3 wireless headphones, but I noticed today that my phone wouldn't correctly send audio to my Bluetooth stereo in my car. My phone would still show as "connected" to my car's bluetooth but wouldn't send the audio signal out to the car stereo. Did not experience this with earlier Public Beta.

I have tried toggling iPhone's bluetooth off and off, as well as unpairing ("forgetting this device") and re-pairing with my car's bluetooth device, but I get the same behavior.
I’ve got the same issue. I can connect my airpods or other bluetooth headphones in the bluetooth settings but i can't connect to them in the music/podcast apps. Same issue in the youtube app. This happening on an Iphone 11 Pro using iOS 14 Public Beta 3. No problem with bluetooth in my car. Tried forget all my earphones from all my devices, a network reset as well but the issue is still there. This is very frustrating...
Same issue.
iOS 14 Beta 3 on iPhone 11 Pro Max
AirPods Pro with Firmware 2D27
same issue.
airpod are recognized by Iphone, mentionned « connnect » in parameters/bluetooth....but in control center they appear not to be connected...
IOS 14 Beta 3. Iphone Xr MRY42ZD/A
But works fine on Ipad Pro IPAD OS 14 Beta 3...
The current workaround seems to be disabling Sound Recognition.
Thanks Milan_A113. Turning off Sound Recognition worked.
Found a new workaround if anybody wants to try it out... if you delete the beta profile from settings the airpods seem to connect and work fine after
Got the same Problem with iOS 14 Beta 3 on my XS Max with AirPods 2nd Gen.

They seem to be connected in Settings but in Control Center they are not connected.
If turning off sound recognition doesn’t work for you, keep it off and try this: My temporary solution is to make sure my AirPods are the first Bluetooth device I pair to. If your watch is connected, power it off, pair your AirPods, and and then turn your watch back on. If any other devices auto connect, just toggle back to your AirPods if it’s an audio device. Works like a charm. Apple needs to fix, but this solution worked for me and all of my other friends running iOS 14 beta 2-3
I am having an issue in which I can connect AirPods Pro fine, all is happy, soon as they are returned to case and I want to use them only my left AirPods works unless I wipe and reconnect it is irritating. I am running iOS Beta 3 and firmware 2D27
Thanks Milan_A113! Turning off Sound Recognition worked for me as well. Cheers
I have the same error to connect the airpods and the Bluetooth in the car.I think the error occurs when more than one device is connected, in my case the Apple Watch, to get the AirPod or Bluetooth of the car connected, what I do is to temporarily turn off the Apple Watch and when the other connects it on.
THANK YOU @Milan_A113 TURNING OFF SOUND RECOGNITION MADE THEM WORK IMMEDIATELY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!