iOS 14 Beta3 Can not install Inhouse and Ad Hoc app

When installing an enterprise app we get errors like below

NSLocalizedFailureReason=Could not install at this time., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Failed to verify code signature of
/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.5xoK9C/extracted/Payload/xxxx.app : 0xe8008029 (The code signature version is no longer supported.),

It works fine at Beta 1 & Beta 2, but not works at Beta 3

Replies

I have the same problem
I've had exact same issue. I submitted to Feedback. Does anyone have a fix or workaround?

Tried everything I know to do - uninstall/reinstall Xcode, delete app from phone, commit all changes, etc. Nothing seems to fix it.
Seems quite odd. It also happened to me today morning. After upgrading to iOS 14 Beta 3, the existing ipa with enterprise provisioning started not to be installed on the iOS 14 device, which was working fine on iOS 14 Beta 1.
After building the app with newer version of Xcode(11.4), the app is now working fine on iOS 14 Beta 3. The previous was built with iPhone os 10.3 sdk.
I have the same problem...
This seems to be related to iOS 14 requires a minimum CodeDirectory compatibility version of 0x00020400 to launch/install apps. But I'm not sure how to fix this.
I found that if embed static frameworks in app. They will be code signed with version 2.2.0. But static frameworks shouldn't be embedded in app, so my solution is do not embed them.
@bcse:
Strangely, I've seen similar things happening. But the weirdest thing is that some people do have problems and others do not. I can load an app with static frameworks no problem at all (with a developer membership. With a normal membership this hasn't been possible since iOS 13.3.1), but the same app cannot be installed by others with a developer membership (during debugging this error we've exchanged apps among peers to see what's up.). We haven't yet been able to figure out what the difference is why some people can, and others cannot, install the exact same app since Beta 3.
I've had the same issue. Also submitted to Feedback. This is a very odd situation because the app was on the testing device since Beta 1 but I've noticed of getting a similar error when building and running on iOS 13.6 device. However, after a 2nd build and run cleared the error; no such luck for Betas 3&4. For iOS 14 Beta, issue started on Beta 3 but persists on Beta 4. Swapping certificates doesn't help. New Xcode build (12 Beta 4) doesn't help either.
I still have this problem for debug kit too.. any solutions yet?
not resolved in beta 5 as well..
I've confirmed this issue still exists on beta 5.
Does someone know if this is an issue with OS14 or if this is something we have to workaround?
Finally fixed with beta 6 released today. Haven’t been able to use my work app since beta 3.
I've confirmed this issue is fixed on beta 6.
Fixed with Beta 6...