ios 14 keyboard not appearing

ios 14 beta 2, iphone 5se
in mail app, and others:
keyboard does not appear when responding to email.
cant type anything.

if a response box appears - as in messages - keyboard does appear.

i cant work around this bug and my iphone is nearly unworkable in this beta.
any suggestions?

• Resetting my keyboard dictionary fixed it for me.

Add a Comment

Replies

Turning off reduce motion fixes it, but if you actually care and want to keep reduce motion on, you can keep it on as long as you make sure crossfade transitions is disabled

edit: as far as I know this fixes the issue where Instagram, Snapchat, and Gmail keyboards would disappear when swiped down. not sure about other issues
Only half of my keyboard worked properly. Other half operated as a mouse. Turned off assistive touch and it works great.
  1. 0 and then 14.0.1 on iPhone 8.

I initially noticed this on 14.0 with Safari, when forwarding a URL to an email using the "action (share)" icon. Keyboard often didn't initially appear for input into the "To:" address field, but by moving cursor down to the subject or email body area, it then does, and I can move it back up to "To:" with the keyboard remaining visible/functional.
Yesterday, I tried to move 2 apps into a new home screen folder, and I coudn't see a keyboard to name the folder. If I hit lower part of the screen area, characters in the folder name would appear, but couldn't see control it. I had to soft reset the phone and then it was OK to create and name the folder.
Also noticed it disappears when you try and rename a folder. I ended up having to copy and paste from another app. The keyboard still functions, just doesn't appear on screen.
I had this same issue. Whenever I tapped inside of a text field (search bar, email, text, etc) my keyboard would not appear. I simply rebooted my phone and it solved the issue. Hasn’t happened again so far.
I was having this issue on iPhone 8 after doing a clean install of iOS 14.2 (not upgrade). Disabling reduce motion fixed it for me - but it’s annoying that I had to fix this.

On Telegram and Safari for example, the scroll bar would go halfway through the screen as if the keyboard is on screen when it’s actually not.

Can’t wait for Apple to fix this problem.
I have ath e same problem,
i n gmail into a message body, keyboard dont working.
When i have a reset iphone and i when i was asking for PIN, then keyboard also dont show :(
Please for fix this bug, because my iphone is unfunctionally !

Best Regards,
Rafal

I have ath e same problem, 
i n gmail into a message body, keyboard dont working.
When i have a reset iphone and i when i was asking for PIN, then keyboard also dont show :(
Please for fix this bug, because my iphone is unfunctionally !

Best Regards,
Rafal
I just noticed the same thing just now. Keyboard is not showing up when i was about to search for a widget application it just lets me paste, and when i was trying to reply to a chat from the notification banner keyboard is not showing as well. Would really be great if this will be fixed soon.
i have had the same problem since 1st beta and still going, my keyboard shows in apps but things like spotlight search it dosng show, but it’s still there.
lucklh I know where all the keys are so can still kind of type

is anybody having issues with camera app? It only takes up top half of screen and the video option is missing 2/3 of the time?

thanks
I have the same problem and would love an answer. Its very frustrating
Using 14.2.1 on iphone12. Keyboard gradually stops responding in WhatsApp, making the app bounce or need to multiple tap to get it back per reply, gets worse on Safari, after about 24hrs only ‘paste works - keyb doesn’t show. Rebooting seems to work for another 24hrs and it degrades again. Doesn’t make any difference if ‘reduce motion’ is on or off. Extremely frustrating!
This problem drove me crazy. Finally figured out that my new computer (Dell Inspiron) comes with an electronic pen that somehow connected to my iPhone's bluetooth. This pen (or any other external wireless keyboard) became my default keyboard so my phone's keyboard would not appear. If you have this problem, turn off your bluetooth and see if the problem goes away. If it does, EURIKA...you know where the problem is. Hope this is helpful.
  • Genius! Thanks!!

• Worked for me, but the weird thing about it is that the only Bluetooth device I own are JBL headphones, so it makes no sense to me why it would be limiting my keyboard and why it would be doing it only on certain apps. Crazy. Thank you though!! Couldn’t pay my credit card bill without typing my app password and was going insane.

Add a Comment
Turned of Bluetooth here, and the keyboard came back.
I have this same problem after pairing with a Smartwatch via Bluetooth. Turned off Bluetooth and the keyboards reappear. Rebooting does not resolve this issue. I am running iOS 14.2.1 on iPhone 12 Pro Max.