download_id

Hi,

I am viewing receipts currently being used in my application and I have found many receipts with the downloadid: "9999". I was originally under the assumption that the downloadid was a unique value to a receipt. These receipts with the downloadid of "9999" pass validation and they all vary with purchase times and versions. Is "9999" a valid downloadid? Why am I seeing it so frequently with so many different devices? I have strong suspicions that these are scammers.

Best,
Jaime

Accepted Reply

If your server sent the production appStoreReceipt to the verifyReceipt server and the validation process returned with a status of 0, the appStoreReceipt was signed by Apple and it's contents represent the transaction record for the user for the app. As to the download_id value being "9999", I'd submit a bug report.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com
developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI

Replies

If your server sent the production appStoreReceipt to the verifyReceipt server and the validation process returned with a status of 0, the appStoreReceipt was signed by Apple and it's contents represent the transaction record for the user for the app. As to the download_id value being "9999", I'd submit a bug report.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com
developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI