IPhone 7 - "Other" Storage Taking Up 17.99 GB

Model: IPhone 7
Total Storage: 32gb

My issue is that suddenly I started receiving the alert of my IPhone Storage is full (even though i had just checked it a day or two before and I had 16gb left of a 32gb IPhone 7).

I went ahead and deleted apps I wasn't using and cleared out my photos, went through the IPhone recommendations of deleting large attachments, I even bought a subscription for ICloud storage (I never had it before, but I figured if I got that then all the storage would sync to there). None of those things freed up any storage space on my IPhone.

I then noticed that each time I deleted an app or a bunch of attachments, that the App & Photo portions went down, expectedly, but when it did, the IPhone "Storage - Other" would get bigger. I can't even update the IPhones software or backup it up to icloud because there's no free space at all. I cleared all my website data & cache and that didn't do anything either. I cleared all of my call history, voicemails, all of my messages, nothing helped.

Here is how much space each category is taking up:
  • Photos: 266 MB

• Apps: 2.20 GB

• System: 3.46 GB

• Other: 17.99 GB

I'm hesitant to do a full reset because I can't even do a backup of the phone and I have a lot of work things on my phone. Anyone have any other ideas to try without resetting the whole phone?
Same issue
Mine is iphone 7 with 32gb.
Since last week, I got an alert as same as you and I've tried every recommendation i could find on the web.
None of them worked.
Now i have 23.55GB of other storage.
Last weekend, before i tried to clear up this space, it was 19GB.
Now i am even considering to buy the new one and feel like this is a kind of dark intention by apple to make people buy new phone.

I am having the same issue, I keep deleting apps and still keep getting the space issue. It’s really frustrating, any solution?
I’m having the same issue with my iPad 6th generation. 32GB total space. ~20GB being used by “Other”.
IPhone 7 - "Other" Storage Taking Up 17.99 GB

Q