Big Sur Battery Low Notification - Missing

Hi There,

I'm experiencing some frustration with Bug Sur and I wondered if this is something anyone else has experienced..

Essentially - I've noticed that when the battery goes below 10pc, it doesn't notify you. So, you can be working away in full screen (which I do, frequently) or in the middle of work calls and the Mac just "dies".

In Catalina a notification came up saying that your battery was low and to plug it in - but not Big Sur (yet)

Please, put this back in - I don't want to have to keep checking my status bar all the time
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of JIMMWX Down vote post of JIMMWX
12k views
  • Hi, I've experienced this too and I found a work around that helps me quite nicely. And you can add a personal touch if you like.

There is an accessibility setting where you can have announcements spoken to you. In the accessibility preferences, go to spoken content and check speak announcements. With options, you can choose from a few default phrases or add you own. It won't tell you that your battery is low but it is a noticeable enough sound to tell you to check for the battery announcement. I was even in the other room about to make dinner and I heard it go off.

Hope this tip is useful. :)

Add a Comment

Replies

Same here. Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), Big Sur v11.6. Please fix this!

Same problem here. 11.6.1.

Is Apple listening?

Bug Sur 11.6.1

No low power warning. Died right in the middle of a call. As a bonus, refused to reboot until plugged in for a couple minutes.

Big Sur 11.6.2 No low power warning.

macOS Monterey same problem. I can not believe it.

It would be nice to get an answer from Apple if they intend to get the Low Battery notification back or not. Should Apple's customers rely on a 3rd party app for this feature, or not?

Its still happening Mac dies abruptly without warning . Such a ignorant work by UX team Apple.