Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
92k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

Wow, it's incredible that Apple still haven't fixed this issue. I'm seeing it on the iOS 14.4 simulator on XCode 12.4. Come on Apple!
this will only occur in simulator on real device its working fine but make sure your xcode version is up to 12

Come on Apple, what a shame...

You enforce developers to implement that sign-in with rules whose rigidity borders on absurdity without not even providing tools to test it correctly.

I assume I should buy an iPhone as a fix?
Over 200 more emoji coming in the next version of iOS but this issue remains for 8 months. Oh, how far have you fallen Apple?
I have been stuck on this for about a week now. I thought this was an issue with my MacOS version and/or Xcode version, however it is actually an issue with the simulator version.

With that in mind, I was able to download iOS 13.0 simulators and deploy the Juice app there as a workaround.
Its still not working, what a bad joke Apple!

The funny thing is: Apps get rejected by Apple because Sign in not working properly 😂
Xcode 12.3 simulator running 14.2, same issue.
With the same issue my app was rejected by Apple today. sign in works with real devices iPhone 8, iPhone 12 mini, iPad pro 4th gen. How is this possible, that till now with so much same bug app review rejections, Apple review team did not figured that out, that this a Xcode simulator bug?
It's still not working, what a bad joke Apple!

=> xcode 12.4
=> IOS 14 (on all simulator devices)

NOTE: sign in works with real devices
Good news, my app has passed the review after my request to review team to test my app on real device. Many thanks to review team.
Same here, 8 month later, still not fixed. Wanted to try real_user_status on iOS 13/14 to handle differently in my back-end, but I'm blocked at this point.
For 6 months I have not been able to publish my app to the App Store due to this error "AuthorizationError error 1000".

If I test the app on a real device with iOS 14.4 and it doesn't work, the error keeps appearing. But if I test the app in a simulator with iOS 13.7 and it works.

What am I overlooking to get it to work on a real device with iOS 14?

I thank you in advance for the help you can give me.
Same problem here
Same here :[
Oh, for crying out loud, Apple! What is this?
Another half-baked feature, as if we didn't get enough of these already (SwiftUI, Mac Catalyst, Xcode previews, ...).