Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
91k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

Using xcode 13.

I downloaded ios Simulator 13.4 and there it works for me. Simulator ios version 14.5, and 15 it does not, no error messages, only spining wheel. Hardware works fine.

The issue with this workaround, is that I have code that can only be run on 14+, so even if testing goes through for apple signin on 13.x, part of the code will not work on that ios version.

Have now gone through rejected phase 3 times, although explained every time.

For me it is the same. No Apple Sign In on simulator possible. Please fix!

To me it's a drama. I'm not able to reproduce a bug in iOS 14-15 and therefore I cannot publish new release on App-Store.

Apple, shame on you.

I just requested a session with Developer Technical Support via Apple's new Tech Talks 2021 program. I'd recommend others do the same. Hopefully we'll be able to get some sort of acknowledgement, or the bug actually escalated and looked into.

Same here... Xcode 13, and iOS 15. Just sits there and spinning. It does not even fire the breakpoints for the "onCompletion" completion handler.

"Continue" button is greyed out, then turns to blue after entering the password and hitting it.

Then it sits there... spinning spinning with no error whatsoever....

Using SwiftUI by the way...

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of tc3i Down vote reply of tc3i

Apple Sign-in still broken and spinning in Xcode 13.1 official release / Simulator iOS 15.0 😭

Add a Comment

Clearly Apple doesn't care about this bug. Could it be that SiwA is deprecated?

A +1 year ago Apple forced us to include their own OAuth. At the same time, they made it impossible to test it because the sim doesn't work. While we pay $99 per year.

Amazing

This is still an issue on Version 13.1 (13A1030d) and any simulator with ios 14 and above

My app rejected for same reason

xCode : Version 13.1 (13A1030d) ios : 15.1

dose anyone was able to fix this issue with apple review team ? they none stop keep rejecting my app because the sign in with apple not working on ipad simulator

• Theoretically they should use real device

Add a Comment

xcode 13 , ios 15.1 same issue ? any idea !

Still broken, Xcode 13.1.

Is there a way to submit s ticket to Apple?

My app has been rejected 3 times now because of Sign In With Apple. On my iPhone XR running iOS15.1 it works perfectly fine but apparently it doesn't work on iPad running iOS15.1, I can't reproduce the bug because the simulator is not working.

Has anyone been assisted with this issue?

• Sams here: my app run perfectly on my iPad, but seems not working in the test device. Absurd.

Add a Comment

I received this message from App Review Team

We discovered one or more bugs in your app. Specifically, the Sign In with Apple button was not functional.

Review device details:

• Device type: iPhone and iPad
  • OS version: iOS 15.2

But this is Apple's bug. I sent a message bellow to App Review Team.

We have checked our app on iPhone X(real device) / iOS 15.2. Everything is working propery for us. If it doesn't work, can you give me a video? Sign In With Apple is not working with Simulator is Apple's bug. Not us. Please try our app on real device, not on simulator. All of users are using real device, aren't you? Thank you

Then we were passed the review.