Sign In With Apple not working with Xcode 12 beta on simulator ?

Running the sample "Juice" app, which demos the Sign In With Apple flow, doesn't seem to work with Xcode 12 beta and iOS 14 beta on the simulator (worked fine on the non-beta versions and on a real device with iOS 14 beta).

Once the password for the device's Apple ID is entered, the wheel in the password field just keeps spinning. No error messages and nothing handed back over to the app from the ASAuthorizationController.

Anyone else seeing this problem ? Are there any workarounds ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of npvisual Down vote post of npvisual
92k views
  • Same problem here, any solution yet?

• facing the same issue in xcode 12.3 and simulator iOS 14.3

• This is a complete joke... absolutely no comment by Apple on this... Apple doesn't care about its developers at all... The only solution: buy an iPhone!

Replies

Same Problem ,

The verification code -> ERROR

When i connect my Apple Account -> OK BUT

Impossible to use for Logged with Sign in with Apple the password freeze
It's been 5 months and still no updates on this issue. I am coming across the first time that making me stuck on this issue for months. Is this typical Apple or they are purposely ignoring this issue. To me, it seems to be serious, especially when you are rejecting apps due to something that is completely on the Apple side.

Apple please chime in and let us know what's going on, even if there is no solution available yet. Nothing is more frustrating than staying in limbo and wondering where the problem is.
Has anyone submitted a Apple Developer Technical Support ticket for this? It's clear that Apple engineers do not care about this, but a ticket perhaps could elevate the issue a bit.

I have this issue today. My application rejected because they couldn't sign in with apple on iPad with iOS 14.1. All simulators have 14.3 and I have the spinning icon signing in with my Apple ID. All simulators with iOS 13.2 work just fine for apple sign in and my real device with 14.2 works as well.
I am using Xcode Version 12.3 (12C33).
Having the same issue, the ios 14.3 simulator just hangs and the 13.5 works just fine.
To confirm the same as @KINGandKONG just with ios 14.3 simulator just hangs but 13.5 works fine
Same problem for me, I'm running iOS 14.1 simulator and when I put the password just keeps an infinite spinning
Hi ,I’m also stuck in this scenario and cannot release my new version due to this problem.
anyone got à solution or workaround for this yet?
cheers Hans
I have the same problem, has anyone found a solution? It must be some code, considering that there are several application updates, which use Login with Apple ID
Same problem. Come on, Apple! 😭
Xcode Version 12.3 (12C33),
Simulator Version 12.3 (940.20),
tested in iPhone 12 Max simulator with iOS 14.2 and 14.3 and the bug still occurs.
On the physical devices with iOS 14.2 and 14.3 works perfectly fine.

I've experienced the bug with my own app and example Juice app.

How to upload an app to the AppStore if sign in with Apple is the only authentication method? Does Apple really expect us to build alternative login path just for the review process to work around a bug in their own official authentication method?

Please, provide any status. Do you know the cause? What is the plan? When can we expect this to be fixed? How should we proceed while waiting for the fix?
What else I've checked:

1. Not using Touch ID on the physical device

I removed all my fingers' scans on the physical device to confirm that sign in with Apple ID using code still works. (At first, I thought I would be asked for a password, to have the exact same scenario like on the simulator. However, without touch ID, sign in still worked.)

2. Sign up to the app for the first time

In the https://appleid.apple.com/account/manage I removed my app from the list of authenticated apps and after that I tried to sign up with Apple ID in the simulator. Didn't work.

3. Hide email / share email

I followed all possible routes there and neither worked. (I assume it has no impact, I just wanted to confirm).

4. Leaving the activity indicator in the password input overnight

In that sense, it's not a matter of time...

5. Check in icloud.com (via browser) if there are no terms & conditions waiting for acceptance

Nope. I've read somewhere that it was the case for some folks with test apple IDs accounts. However, I use my day-to-day Apple ID so all terms are already accepted.
Are there any updates on this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing on ios14, and have tried a number of different approaches to try to resolve with no luck.
Found this in simulator system log:

Code Block
AuthKitUIService[58270]: assertion failed: 19G2021 18A372: libxpc.dylib + 51172 [16262110-9F40-30DC-BDCB-5F794AC8D7FA]: 0x7d

I am having this issue with xcode version 12.3 (12C33) and ios 14.3 on the simulator. Any update yet?