Remove macOS app from the App Store

Hello,

With the new App Store Connect, iOS apps become available on the new Macs with Apple Silicon natively. A couple of my apps got quite some complications with Catalyst and do not need it anymore.

I would like to know how to completely remove a platform from App Store Connect, without impacting the iOS version, so that I can let my iOS app be available on the Mac App Store instead of the Catalyst app.

Thank you

Replies

I would like to know this too? Does Apple ever answer questions on here?
Same issue. I'm waiting for an Apple Silicon Macbook Pro and my current Mac doesn't support Big Sur so I can't test. I got the macOS version approved but unapproved on an update due to Catalyst's messiness. Nobody has downloaded the app from the Mac App Store anyways, so I'd rather remove that and wait till I get a new Mac rather than just blindly compiling for Mac App Review and praying.

I'm thinking the only solution is to remove the app entirely and resubmitting.
Having the same problem. I accidentally clicked the "Add macOS App" link in appstoreconnect and I can't delete the draft macOS app. We only offer the app for the iOS platform and would like to remove the macOS version.
I had the same problem and I have found the solution.
In the documentation, you can find this condition:

"You can delete a platform if a build has never been uploaded for the platform you wish to delete. Additionally, at least one existing platform version needs to be in an editable app status."

So I have created a news editing version for my iOS app and then I could remove the macOS version of my app.

I hope this will help you correct your problem

Hello,

There was a similar problem with the macOS platform.
Got a response from Apple tech support.

"You can delete a platform if a build has never been uploaded for the platform you wish to delete. Additionally, at least one existing platform version needs to be in an editable app status. If the criteria is met, hover over the platform you wish to delete and click the delete button (–) that appears to the right of the platform."

The problem was solved in this way.
But it is important that you have Admin or Account Owner rights.
same problem for me, any news?
Oh, thanks. I needed this as the last few days my "Ratings and Reviews" was stuck on the non-existent MacOS version (no way to show iOS reviews like before, when it just defaulted to the MacOS and a drop-down switched to iOS).
The thing I was missing was that my iOS version was just on sale whenever I tried to see if I could delete the MacOS. I created a new iOS version and then the little (-) button appeared when hovering over the Mac Version.

Hello, adding a question to this answer "You can delete a platform if a build has never been uploaded for the platform you wish to delete. Additionally, at least one existing platform version needs to be in an editable app status. If the criteria is met, hover over the platform you wish to delete and click the delete button (–) that appears to the right of the platform."

Is it possible to delete a platform if a build was uploaded and the app as macOS version is for sale in a bundle App-Id?

Thanks for any help Uli

Did you find a solution, @Ulix ? Got the same issue here.