[macOS Big Sur 11.0] Safari crashes instantly after launched

Could not launch Safari on Big Sur 11.0 Beta..Safari always crashed upon launch. Anyone experience the same issue?

This is my macbook pro specs:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
 Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3
 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
 Processor Speed: 2.5 GHz
 Number of Processors: 1
 Total Number of Cores: 4
 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
 L3 Cache: 6 MB
 Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
 Memory: 16 GB
 Boot ROM Version: 160.0.0.0.0
 SMC Version (system): 2.19f12
 Serial Number (system): *****
 Hardware UUID:

Jeganth,
It didn't work here!
” No such file or directory: “
Someone managed to solve the problem in another way?
same problem... can not even launch safari...
Changing the startup page to something else does solve it.
If Safari is crashing directly at start-up, use any URL file (taken from another browser as FF) to directly open Safari on a different page other than the default start-up one, and then change the default start-up URL to something else.
Safari is well behaved for me after changing new page to Empty. EXCEPT, when I click in the URL field. Then it crashes instantly.
i can confirm all issues above on a new install of Big Sur on 11.0 Beta (20A4300b)

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) 3.6 GHz i9

but Safari is fine from original beta on my macbook pro

Some thing got missed in beta 2

I can confirm Release 110 (Safari 14.0, WebKit 16610.1.21.0.6) technical preview does work, you just have to put up with a purple icon !
@NeoFuture Can you advise where I could get Release 110 (Safari 14.0, WebKit 16610.1.21.0.6) technical preview? Thanks!

EDIT - Found it. Thanks! Issue clicking into Address Field is resolved in this release.
Safari 14.0, WebKit 16610.1.21.0.6 with a purple icon isn't working for me. It crashes too.
New update Big Sur Beta 3 seemed to have fixed this problem.
Can also confirm moving CoreSimulator to the trash also allowed me to open Safari without crashing.
Can confirm. macOS 11.0 Beta (20A5323l) -- Safari crashes almost instantly after launch. Solved by removing the offending alias file found in /Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework

Moved the alias file CoreSimulator to the trash. Safari launches without crashing. Put back alias file to referenced location, Safari crashes almost instantly after launch.

Snippet of Crash Report:
Dyld Error Message:
Symbol not found:
launchpathforuserservice4coresim
Referenced from: /Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/CoreSimulator
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Thank you everyone's participation in this thread.
@Alexrogan, how do i fix the issue, me trying to remove the alias files of CoreSimulator does not stop the crushing of safari.
Crashing at launch.
  • Reinstalling XCode failed

• Erasing plists failed

• Shift open failed

• Deleting CoreSimulation.framework failed

Some kind of work around found :
  • Use Command+SpaceBar

• Search for a web site and open it directly from the popup search results

Still crashes if the address bar is clicked
Can't open preference pane (menu or keyboard shortcut)

Getting either one of these errors

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXCBADINSTRUCTION (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXCCORPSENOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: exc handler [5452]

Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: The window has been marked as needing another Layout Window pass, but it has already had more Layout Window passes than there are views in the window.

Or

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXCCRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC
CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
  • ** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Invalid parameter not satisfying: image != nil'

terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
abort() called

Sorry @alexrogan (but thanks) this thread ain't over ;)
Really looks like an Apple issue.

Hi team

New here, i installed the latest OS beta last night for the first time. Issue with safari is still on going. I don't seem to have the files previously mentioned in the thread to delete. None of the work arounds listed are working for me?

Anyone had any luck at all?

Seems strange that the issue has not been resolved yet?
One more workaround if nothing above helped you:
  1. Go to this link and download Safari Technology Preview (but not Safari) for macOS Big Sur.

2. Double click and install it.

3. Launch it, navigate to Safari Technology Preview -> Preferences -> General

4. Choose Homepage for both New windows open with and New tabs open with fields, enter any website below them in Homepage field, close Preferences and then close the app

5. Open Finder and navigate to /Users/<your username>/Library/Safari (you will see there files like History.db, lastSession.plist etc)

6. Select and copy everything (⌘-A, then ⌘-C)

7. Now navigate to /Users/<your username>/Library/SafariTechnologyPreview

8. Paste it (⌘-V), check Apply to All and click Replace when prompted.

Launch Safari Technology Preview, it will now open with all of your Safari history and preferences enabled. Don't forget to navigate to History -> Reopen All Windows from Last Session to restore everywhere you surfed before getting stuck with this Beta's mess...
Have the similar problem with 14.0 (16610.1.23.1.3) on Big Sur build 20A5343j. Safari actually starts but within a second hand, does not crash though. So far I couldn't make it work by either preferences/caches/support folder deletion or even installation of Safari TP (the latter does exactly the same).
[macOS Big Sur 11.0] Safari crashes instantly after launched

Q