"remove this version from review" link missing in "Waiting For Review" state

iTC has been behaving strangely last 2 days. Usually new uploaded builds show up automatically for Internal Test Flight after they're done processing. But yesterday they did not, and new builds didn't show up in the "Select Version to Test" picker either. To make a new build available for internal testing, I found that I had to submit the build for review, which was fine when I could reject the binary later.

That brings me to today's issue. A build I submitted for review last night could not be installed in the Test Flight app, I have no idea how this happened, but none of us could install it. The circle progress icon goes 100% and we got an error alert that install failed with Cancel and Retry buttons. So this morning I uploaded a new build that is exactly the same code, just with incremented build number. This build showed up automatically for internal Test Flight and it's all good. But when I go to reject the binary from review so I can submit this new build, the blue box with the "remove this version from review" link is no where to be found.

I tried the Connect iOS app, and the "Reject This Binary" cell is missing as well.

Any of you have apps in Waiting For Review state? Do you see the link to reject the binary? Am I missing something obvious? Or is iTC totally messed up right now? If anyone at Apple sees this, the Apple ID for this app is 1044506498

Thanks for any info/ideas.

Replies

Ok, by inspecting the source of the page, I was able to unhide the `deleteIcon` next to the bad build (search for "deleteIcon", find the right one, and remove "ng-hide" class from the element). After which I was able to change to a newer build and hit "Save". Seems to work. So I guess we could change the build without having to reject it, their API supports it, but their UI doesn't.

I tried this. I'm not sure if it worked or not. I had submitted a dot-0 version, rejected it, then submitted dot-1 version. That one turned out to be bad, too, so I was trying to delete it when I ran into this problem of no delete link. I had clicked on a lot of different things looking for alternatives and couldn't find anything. When I finally tried your suggestion, it delted the dot-1 version but then iTunesConnect resurrected the dot-0 version and associated the previously rejected dot-0 version with the app! After I uploaded the dot-2 version, I clicked on the version number next to my dot-0 version and I got the OLD website version of the "binary details" page, which included a "reject binary" button. That worked.

What a mess. If these guys would spend half the money on making things work right as they do making them work wrong, all our problems would be solved. :-)

Craig

Super clever workaround 😀

> Any of you have apps in Waiting For Review state? Do you see the link to reject the binary?

Same problem with iTunes Connect: No link to Reject This Binary is visible. Need to submit new build.

Yes, just used your trick and it worked great! Thanks!

I spoke too soon. They reviewed my app last night and approved the new version and shipped the old version. Things are really messed up with the submission process.

Does it work or not? Have they reviewed the 'new' binary, or does your fix just change the UI and not the actual binary?

It's now November the 14th and I find myself in the same boat. I submitted a build on the 12th, found a bug, fixed it then wanted to replace the older build last night and no 'Remove the version from review' link in iTunes Connect.

Tried Safari and then Chrome, on my Yosemite Macbook Pro and then on a Mountain Lion VM I have.

In the meantime I had done a bit more coding so in the hope of it shifting the jam I compiled and uploaded another version. No change - and nothing is showing as 'processing', all builds show as they normally would.

I've just tried another tack - same version number as the build I want to remove, but with a new build number (I normally set version and build number to the same thing, to match up with my project on Github). This has finished processing and is showing up in the activities tab alongside the build I want to remove, but still no 'Remove the version from review' button in the '[yellow dot] [version number] Waiting For Review' tab.

I've submitted it as a bug report, but if anyone has updated info or tips I'd be grateful,

Ben

The iTunes Connect app always has a reject button for apps that are Waiting for Review. I used it yesterday.

What browser are you using? There is not reject link on mine. I tried FF, IE, and Safari.

I used the iTunes Connect app to remove the binary and it works. It's an alternative and fast solution.

It's not a browser. It's an iOS app.

Where is this reject button? I am on Products -> Version -> waiting for review version on the tab. There is no reject binary button, just list Waiting for Review. This is version 3.1.1 of the iTunes Connect iOS App. I think they removed it fromt the iTunes Connect app as well.

Tap on the version waiting for review. You'll see red text that says "Reject This Binary" Tap

that.

thanks, friend. only this method works!