Has anyone had a tvOS app pass review yet?

I submited my apps this morning (UK TIME) and they have been in review all day

Has anyone had an app pass or fail yet?

Replies

At the time of Apple Watch launch, they rejected bad apps immediately, but hold all good apps in "In Review" state for several days until they open the app store and migrated it to the store. If you app is in "In Review" for more than 24 hours, it is quite likely that they are doing the same thing.

Thanks Satoshi

That sounds positive. Just eager to move onto other projects

I can test for you. Tbrass84 at yahoo dot com

Just got rejected. What ***** is they sent two screenshots of bugs but I have no idea how to replicate them...what a pain.

have you tested on an actual device?

Is your app written in Swift and are theh bugs they told you about crashes? There's a Swift optimization bug in Xcode 7.1 that has been tripping up some developers. Set the Build Settings > Swift Compiler - Code Generation > Optimization Level > Debug setting to Fast and see if your app runs into this.

Mike

I have spoken to loads of developers who have submitted after me....

Could this be a sign that my app have passed review and are just waiting?

The suspense is killing me

I've had two go into review then get rejected for the Menu button not quite working as it should. I fixed that, resubmitted and one went into review and got rejected again for the same issue, depsite (as far as I can tell) being correct. I've tweaked it slightly and resubmitted and now both have been waiting for review for over a day.

Is it just a case of everyone else has submitted now so the queue is approaching its normal length or has anyone else managed to submit and go into review the same day over the last 24 hours?

Yes, it's some weird edge case that I can't replicate. I've put in tons of checks and resubmitted.

I think satoshi.nakajima is right, they don't want to approve any until the app store is live. Mine was rejected within hours and now it's been "in review" for two days so I'm assuming it's okay just waiting for the master switch. I do wanted to submit some patches but I'm waiting until the first version goes live...

Still waiting too :-)

App Review times vary widely depending on the app involved. Since this is a new platform, it feels like new territory, and anything could happen. For my app, I submitted the morning of October 22nd, it went into review this weekend, but got metadata rejected because I needed to include a link to a video walking through the app for the reviewer (not for public consumption, so it didn't take long to make something quick). This has only happened to me once before, and probably because my app works with hardware the reviewer may not have handy (Philips hue, LIFX, and Belkin WeMo lights). I'm sure most apps don't need it, but if your app uses something a reviewer might not have easy access to, a walk-through video couldn't hurt. I added what they requested and resubmitted, so I'm back to "Waiting for Review". Wish me luck! 🙂

For reference, Lightbow has been through 40 releases, averaging 5.5 days in App Review per release. The lowest was 2.5 hours, the longest 25 days (that one hurt!). For almost 1/3rd of the two years Lightbow has been available on the App Store, a version has been waiting in some stage of App Review. It can be very frustrating for developers, especially if there's a sense of urgency around some event, but App Review is something every app developer has to learn to plan around. I think we can all agree that the Apple TV release is a big deal for Apple, and they have people working around the clock to ensure quality apps are available on Day One. I'm sure they've staffed up enough to give everyone a chance at launch day, or at least launch week. Good luck to everyone who has an app waiting in the queue, and if you get something approved, by all means post to this thread so we can all cheer you on! (and get some nice data for reference!)

Same here, two of mine rejected due to Menu button and all re-submitted but at the back of the list now for review.

Not sure I will make release day at this rate.

Waiting for review .....still

Can you folks getting rejected for Menu button issues expand on that at all? I am curious what the issues were and what app review was expecting. Perhaps some details of your experience could help others avoid making the same mistake.

I thought that -- my app's been "In Review" for many days, but it just got rejected, for "collecting personal data without user consent." I had an old script that uploaded high-scores to a server for a leaderboard, from before GameCenter times. I use GameCenter now but that old code was still in there, and they rejected it after several days In Review.