MacOS 10.15.6 won't show up

The beta 1 for 10.15.6 won't show up, after the 10.15.5 supplement update eaelier today. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Replies

There seems be problem right now. Just wait a couple hour will be resolved.

wJp//?

Did some research. For some the supplements security updates block the beta updated. Reverted back to earlier version and viole it worked.

hope this will help

wJp\..?

Same here.

Any idea how to solve this without reverting back?

Regards,

Jose

Thank you,

Is there another work around to get the beta? I'd rather not return a version through the time machine.

Same issue here.

I have tried several things but none worked. Only thing I found revert back to earlier version and apply the beta.

Sory that I could not be helpfull.

WjP//%

No worries, might try that out or wait for another update. Just curious, how did you revert to a previous version? Using Time Machine or similar?

Used time machine.

Wjp/>..+

also seeing the same issue: no way to download and install the 10.15.6 beta update.

i went to the extent of hitting the "Details" link under the "Software Update" icon in the left tab of the System Preferences->Software Update panel, and it offered "This Mac is enrolled in the Apple Developer Seed Program. Do you want to restore default update settings? Any previous updates will not be removed and this Mac will no longer receive beta updates"

i tried hitting the "Restore Defaults" button, then re-applying the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg from the beta downloads site, but the effect is the same: Software Update does not offer a way to update.

Does anyone know if the public beta is available yet? I too applied supplemental so figuring out if it’s worth backing off to try update I only have a free profile and public beta profile so no point if it isn’t released on that channel yet

It appears the public beta is available from searching for other posts via google.
I do have time machine, so I could back off - but my preferred approach would be to reinstall 10.5.5 -- but I note the app store catalina installer is now updated to the supplemental version. As a public beta user (free dev account) I don't think I can download prior versions, and I would also assume that if I do a system restore, the supplemental update version will be installed. The old version provided by my mac is likely too old, and I'd be worried it could mess things up too bad.
So it's probably a case of waiting until apple either re-release this update, or do something in the metadata that means it is seen by supplemental users, or the next update :-( I would assume one of the first two as this must be affecting many potential upgraders to the beta? Since most WOULD have installed the supplemental update?

I suspect that the supplemental update had critical security fixes that the 10.15.6 beta 1 did not have (due to timing). So, installing that beta loses the critical security fixes. Probably need to wait for beta 2 which will incorporate the security fixes.

Have same problem ( from France ) since official 10.15.5 public release.

HUMM HUMM !

Tried to disable (disinstall) all softwares as AVAST, Littlesnitch etc, reinstall previous clones ...

Nothing helped !

What a mess from Apple !

So, as "nyjklein" said, do we 've to just wait for beta 2 or expect some explanations from Apple ?

Do'nt we pay too for this kind of minimalistics technical infos ?

Best regards

Roger

😕

I comfirmed this a strange way. I sent my mac back to apple for repair. Before I sent it 10.15.6 was in my software update but I did not install it. I backed up on 10.15.5 (no sup update).

Then they replaced logic board which gave me a new SSD and installed 10.15.5 with sup update.

I migrated my data back and no 10.15.6 beta 1 anymore.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Developer Profile and rebooted multiple times. Same thing.

So I guess i will have to wait for beta 2.

Beta 2 is here, and I'm still experiencing the same thing. The beta update still does not show up in software update after installing 10.15.5 sup.

Apple, any solutions here?