What is the difference between "Remove from Sale" and "Delete App"

Hi,

Is there any significant difference between removing the app from sale and deleting the app completlety from a user perspective.

From what I have read we would give up the app and sku name.

For people who have already downloaded the application, will they still be able to access the last version whether it is deleted, I know they can fro removed from sale.

Just trying to understand the difference between the two options.

Thanks

Accepted Reply

They are VERY different. If you delete the app entirely, you lose the use of that name forever although other developers are free to use it. I would strongly recommend not deleting the app unless you really don't want it anymore. If you remove an app from sale, you can easily put it back for sale without having to go through app review. In both cases, it has no effect on existing users of the app -- they will still be able to run the app on their devices.

Replies

They are VERY different. If you delete the app entirely, you lose the use of that name forever although other developers are free to use it. I would strongly recommend not deleting the app unless you really don't want it anymore. If you remove an app from sale, you can easily put it back for sale without having to go through app review. In both cases, it has no effect on existing users of the app -- they will still be able to run the app on their devices.

Thank you.

From a users perspective is there any difference?

If the developer deletes the app can they still have the application on their device?

Yes, deleting the app from the App Store has no effect on the app installed on the user's device.