Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Hey guys

I’ve been trying to pay for Apple Developer Program enrollment for about a week and still no luck. As well as I got from a small talk with the customer support – Apple never got my money. So it seems like my payment authorization fails all the time. But I don’t know what’s really going on.

Have any of you ever had issues like that?

Or maybe you just know what’s going on and how to fix it?

Answered by in 626670022
We do accept Russian credit cards to pay for the Apple Developer Program. If you've been unable to complete your order, please reach out to Apple Developer Program Support for assistance. Please note that you may be asked to provide verification details as part of the order completion process. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.
I called apple support and they said they will escalate to their engineering team. I'm really hoping they can fix this.
I've got the same issue, many try, zero results.
I found a solution, i sent a email to devprograms@apple.com to tell them my struggles.
Before that, I signed up in https://appleid.apple.com/ and I saved my credit card(the sixteen number and the CVV). I told them to purchase the Apple Developer Program membership using my credit card saved and it's work.
Wish that my reply can help you, good luck !

Hi Just got my account approved from Apple.

The Solution is to keep contacting Apple Support and any one of Apple Support person will help you get through the payment after getting some verification from you.

From Pakistan
I definitely concur with having patience. Working with the developer support we got so I could enroll using the developer app, few more tries and with support help I now have my developer account.

thoughts... use developer app, be sure to have a card on file with iTunes with same Apple ID.

I found a solution, i sent a email to devprograms@apple.com to tell them my struggles. 
Before that, I signed up in https://appleid.apple.com/ and I saved my credit card(the sixteen number and the CVV). I told them to purchase the Apple Developer Program membership using my credit card saved and it's work. 

Have tried that. As I suspected, Apple ignored my email... Frustration skyrocketed like a Space X ship...
I am from the US, and I have the same problem. Payment doesn't go through; it says "www.apple.com refused to connect." Now, I am just trying to contact apple customer service to solve this problem. If there is anything else I could do, please tell me.
I solved this problem by using another browser. I've been using Chrome to enroll, but customer service suggested me to try Safari. It might work for you too
Update here, after few weeks / months dealing with apple I finally got my account approved.
I am from Slovakia, so I will describe what I have done.
  1. I tried many times to pay with my debit card, no luck, payments have been canceled after two days, no money has gone from my card. Tried different cards, debit and also credit card - all from Slovakia

2. Wrote apple support, got basic answer email template - clear cookies, use safari, etc. bla bla bla

3. Called local slovak apple number asking for help, they told me they dont support developers environment so they handed me to the developer.apple.com contact forms again

4. Wrote apple support again asking for they help and filling also my phone number because I read here they can approve it via phone

5. I got answer from them to upload my photos of ID card to prove I am a human, or something else, idk

6. No response in two days as was promised after uploading documents, I created case again putting there old case where I uploaded my photos of ID card

7. Finally after few days Senior Advisor responded that he got my issue on the table and will try to resolve it in two days

8. Voila, after two or three hours after getting email in point 7, my money went from my debit card and after that my account has been approved, I am in.

After I got apologising email from them I responded thank you but asked them what in the world is happening that so many users have problem and pointed in this forum. Hopefully they will notice this and finally start fixing this big problem.

This issue was driving me crazy. I'm in the US and I was still running into it with multiple different cards. I finally resolved it.

The solution -- use Safari.

Maybe this little tip, will help others. Cheers.

The solution -- use Safari. 

I am afraid it is not so simple. Safari has nothing to do with that. It is all to do with some multiple checks, aiming to detect a possible fraud at an early stage, well before it even gets to any payment.

What is the most frustrating is that those developers (private or companies) who have being members for several years, suddenly can't renew membership. And nothing has changed for them - same Apple ID, same address, even same credit cards! And yet they can't renew.

That makes them really angry at Apple. Especially when there is no meaningful feedback (or no feedback at all) from Apple's Developer Support why and what to do in order to fix it.
4 working days since making the payment from India. (Got the confirmation mail from Apple as well that I have paid), but developer account yet not initiated.
Apple should really just send an email detailing what's wrong instead of having developers playing this guessing game. I have tried everything suggested here and none of them helped. It's funny that making a single payment is more frustrating than debugging a whole app.
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to sign up for Apple developer membership as an individual for days and I always get this message.

For one or more reasons, your enrollment in the Apple Developer Program could not be completed.

Apple support could not help me and could not tell me the reasons.
I tried it from different devices, with different IP addresses and new AppleIDs, nothing helped.
Did any of you have the same experiences and could solve them ? If yes, would you be so kind and share your solution with me.

Best regards and thanks for your help in advance
Mikel
I'm facing the same issue with apple let's take this matter to Twitter with #APPLESHOWSOMERESPECTTODEVELOPERS I think when they see this hashtag trending they will surely do something about it
Hey guys, I have the same problem and Im from Stockholm, Sweden. I havent even gotten to the stage of making a purchase I get that message after clicking continue after accepting the apple id agreement. If anyone has any advice to what I should do please let me know.

• ---------HELLO EVERYONE

I WAS ABLE TO FINALLY PAY.

BEFORE I WAS USING CHROME AND DIDNT WORK. YOU NEED TO USE SAFARI AND "EMPTY YOUR CACHE".

THIS SHOULD WORK.

BEST OF LUCK,
JULIAN
We do accept Russian credit cards to pay for the Apple Developer Program. If you've been unable to complete your order, please reach out to Apple Developer Program Support for assistance. Please note that you may be asked to provide verification details as part of the order completion process. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.
Lol this thread is a gem. Just wanted to mention that I am having the same issue. Thus far I have tried with 3 different cards and 3 different apple accounts.

I will try the solution suggested by @urmilshroff (I have some family in the land of the free).

I am from South Africa.
I've enrolled Apple Developer Program in July 25 without single problem but seems many others in my country facing this problem too.
From Japan by the way.
I Have applied for Apple Developer Enrollment I received a mail from Apple

Dear .....,

Thank you for your order. Here's a summary of your order request, which will be processed within 2 business days. We'll notify you when your items are ready.

Order Details:
Apple Developer Program
US$ 99

Best regards,
Apple Developer Relations

Still I didn't receive any reply from Apple. Do I need to Wait or Do I need to try with Diffrent Credit Card ?
Hi, it has been more than 3 weeks as I'm trying to pay for my developers account subscription. Several tickets I created don't have any answer for more than 9 to 10 days.

I kindly ask you to help me with payment issues, default reply from support (use the latest version of Safari and clear cache and cookies etc.) didn't help. Tried different cards as well

Case numbers:
101144694949 it has been 16 days since my first ticket, 13 days since my last reply to support
101150350939 it has been 9 days and no answer yet
I also have the same problem. I have been an apple developer for 2 years, but I now can't renew membership . My credit card is always doing well with in-app purchases. I suggest Apple reconsider their payment method. As of this moment I have not been able to re-register, badly.

I from VietNam
They don't want to fix this problem? I can't buy a developer account. Fix it finally !!!

@Drazz How you Fixed it ?

Same problem, payment always pending. i send a case, apple request my id card, but 4 days and nothing, no more information anything? is imposible, i try with differents accounts, of my bos, but now is my correct id, my credit card, my legal documents. what is the problem? i am from Honduras.
Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Q