MFMailComposeViewController send button disabled

I present the

MFMailComposeViewController
according to API, generally, the interface is normal, but some users of our app complaint the problem that the send button on the top-right is gray(it becomes disable), the user can't press the send button. I have tested in the device I had it was working.

The user device info:

iPhone 6

iOS 12.4.2

I am unable to test this in the simulator and the device I had are updated to iOS 13.

Replies

If I remember well, it is not possible to test on simulator.

Is mail app installed and properly configured on user device ?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/40541055/mfmailcomposeviewcontroller-send-button-is-disabled

The send button is grey until the user adds an email address to send the email to. Ask your user if they entered a "to:" address

Yes, the user send the screenshot with To address is filled. I also noticed Bcc/Cc was showing but no From address there. This is also possible if the user has only one email account setup. I did not find this issue on the devices I have.

The user using iPhone 6 iOS v12.4.2, To: address is set, he also said that he could use the email from the mail App.

And mail app is the system app ? Or another one ?

He is using the mail app which is given by Apple.

You wrote above:

>Yes, the user send the screenshot with To address is filled. I also noticed Bcc/Cc was showing but no From address there.

No "From" address? Then the email is not yet a valid email and a send button would be inappropriate. Ask the user why there would be no "from" address. Did they remove their "from" for some privacy reason? Is their email account not set up?

>he also said that he could use the email from the mail App.

And when he does that is there a "From" address?

If there are more than one account, the from address will display. Otherwise it will not show from address.

And he is able to send email normally from Mail app. If he has any mail he will tap reply and send the message.

From most of my users (I wrote a group email app) this happens when they do not have an email account set up for iOS (on the Passwords and Accounts page of the Settings app.)
Typically this is because they use a proprietary app to access email, such as the Gmail or Yahoo app. They use their own settings.
It will also happen if they delete the Mail app from their device, again because they are using something else.

Did anyone ever find an answer for this? I too have users reporting it and can't find an answer anywhere or recreate on any of my devices.

They have the default Mail app installed and can send email from it. They have the To: field filled out.

I assume you asked them to send a screenshot?
They do also need to have EITHER a message title, or some new message text (not just their signature) for the send option to become available