syspolicyd high cpu usage

Hi all,

For the last couple of betas of Catalina I've noticed that the process "syspolicyd" chews through CPU usage without ever dropping. The process seems to start up by itself and then consume a huge amount of CPU (often 98%) causing my Macbook Pro to spin up fans to try and cool it.

It doesn't seem to stop by itself so I've resorted to killing the process manually but I wondered if there's a known issue or fix for this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of cssgareth Down vote post of cssgareth
19k views
  • Same here on Monterey 12.3.1

• I once believed owning a mac provides you a smooth as butter experience since there are no unknown random processes using much of your cpu as in windows system. But I was so wrong. These random processes like syspolicyd, diagnosticd are consuming too much CPU. I thought that I have installed many unwanted softwares so I have now formatted the system expecting to have a nice experience with my macbook but the problem still exists.

• Richard Stallman has always been right.

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue here on 12.6.8

Found the process. It's Acrobat reader. Simply quit and you'll no longer have the syspolicyd or kernel task using 200% CPU or more .