iOS 13 trimming videos problem

I have noticed this issue while trimming my videos, when I send them to my friends via Messenger or Facebook or uploading it to Google Files, somehow the video doesn’t get trimmed properly to my desired part of the video. It remains the same length, however when you open the video it instead shows the first part of the video, as if the video was trimmed to show the beginning portion, which I didn’t intend to do. This is extremely infuriating, I thought it was only a google drive problem when uploading to it, the file is called adjustments.plist. This file refuses to render at all. I’d prefer in ios 12 when you trimmed your video, you could just make a new copy. This new trimming system, you cant trim your original video completely, even after you trimmed it when you edit the video, the unwanted portion is still there. It is like you didn’t cut the video completely, it is still there, just not shown. I don’t know how to fix it and its very infuriating. Bonus: the video when displayed on messenger is even in the wrong orientation(vertical) when the video displayed in the photo apps is horizontal. Please help me fix this as it seriously hinders my experience of IOS

Replies

hello to all :) Greetings from Bulgaria!
I have iPhone 6s,iOS 14.2 and i have the seem problem from ios 13.7-13.8-13.9 to now :)
And with Apple Photos Video Trimmer at all :)
Sorry for my bad English.
Greetings from Bulgaria,Europe.
Marry Christmas! and happy and HEALTHY New Year

I figured out a workaround that will get the job done until there’s a fix. Send the edited version out and send it back to yourself. The method that I tried was iMessage, other export methods may work but I have not tested them. There seems to be a bug that is preventing the system from fully saving the new format version.

@SimplyZii is correct. I’m on iOS 14.7.1 and have the same issue in photos. Workaround is to click on the video and click share. Next Save to Files and then upload the video to wherever you need to from Files :)

Add a Comment

Count me among the frustrated with the same issue for some time now...but...I found a simpler workaround. When you save new clips, copy the source file to the file folder or just delete it when you are done. Either way the new clips become standalone files when the parent file is no longer in the camera roll. I theorize that there is a link to the source file thats needss to be broken. You will notice that when editing a newly created child clip it will show up as if you were still working in the source file. The cropping and trimming selections are still active. Anyway when i deleted the source video all new clips became exactly as intended for using in other apps, whereas before, other apps saw the original instead of the new clip. Hope that helps

UNBELIEVABLE

literally a camera-roll breaking bug and no response for years i seriously doubt we are the only users having this issue it seems to be something related to icloud

deleting the "parent file" (original) sometimes works but honestly, this is completely unacceptable

my "trimmed" videos in imovie or within the photos app randomly are unplayable or show 6seconds of the clip

what an absolute disgraceful mess will be changing to android over this not really, but all of my "work" can no longer be done on this device

• How I can delete a comment from here?

Add a Comment

I have my first iPhone in my life. I thought I will test it. Now I know it is the last one even though I have ordered a new Macbook. I constantly see some bugs, inconvenient solutions and issues like this one. Android for me works much MUCH better. Apple - I suppose you should try harder on your software as hardware is not all. I hope Mac OS is not so buggy…

THIS IS THE MOST ******* ANNOYING ******* ******* **** I HAVE EVER ******* SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY OH WHY OH WHY MY ******* VIDEO SHOWED UP TO MY PROFFESSOR AS UNCROPPED. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME APPLE, YOU JUST CAUSED ME SO MUCH ******* EMBARRASMENT I CANT EVEN BELIEVE YOU I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. WHO IN THEIR RIGHT ******* MIND DECIDED THAT PRESSING SAVE WOULD SAVE THE ENTIER SOURECE CLIP. AND THAT IT WOULD SEND THE SOURCE. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. YOU GUYS ARE BULLIES!!!! I AM UTTERLY MIFFED AND VERY ANGRY. PLEASE DONT BE A ******* ********** AND NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN TO ANYONE. MAKE A WARNING OR SOMETHING. JEFF BESOS OR WHATEVER THE GUY WHO INVENTED APPLES NAME WAS I CANT REMEMBER. ONE WORD FOR YOU... : UR BAD. NO CAP. GOD. DUMMY DUMMY DUMMY. I CANT BELIEVE THIS i do like apple phone tho so thanks for making a pretty good phoen. BUT FIX THIS ******* PROBELEM SO PEOPLE DONT SUFFER LIKE I DID!

It’s annoying and frustrating nothing works don't know what else to do how can this be fixed

Another solution is to upload the video to an MOV to mp4 converter and sending the mp4, the issue is related to Apple changing where metadata about the video is stored after editing meaning other services don’t know how to read the changes. Converters can be found online and the process can be done entirely on mobile if slightly Tedious and annoying, once again Apple devs managing to break a perfectly working system for no reason