Which cables support data transfer?

Hi there, yesterday i went to local Apple premium reseller, to ask him how to connect my ipad to my external ssd (samsung t5). He said the it would be possible on ipadOS 13 and that it would work with this cable USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m) - Apple. So i bought that cable, updated iPad to ipadOS 13 public beta, beta when i connect it to my ssd and enter files, i don't see any connected external devices. So my question is, will it work in future version's of beHi there, yesterday i went to local Apple premium reseller, to ask him how to connect my ipad to my external ssd (samsung t5). He said the it would be possible on ipadOS 13 and that it would work with this cable USB-C to Lightning Cable (1 m) - Apple. So i bought that cable, updated iPad to ipadOS 13 public beta, beta when i connect it to my ssd and enter files, i don't see any connected external devices. So my question is, will it work in future version's of beta? Or is my ssd so power hungry that my ipad can't power it. The thing is, that i read in many articles, that ipad should show warning window if there is some problem when connecting to another device. Also my ssd is in ExFat format, which should be supported. Looking forward to your replies. SBta? Or is my ssd so power hungry that my ipad can't power it. The thing is, that i read in many articles, that ipad should show warning window if there is some problem when connecting to another device. Also my ssd is in ExFat format, which should be supported. Looking forward to your replies. SB

Replies

Something is missing from iPad OS, due camera import via USB cable / lightning USB adapter is also missing. iOS 13 beta has it and import to my iPhone XS is working fine.

My T5 connects without issue using the USB-C to USB-C cable that came with the T5. I assume you tried a reset of the iPad but I don’t know if that will change things.