Can't use sidecar

Hello, I am on the latest catalina OS on my 2018 macbook air and ipad OS on my ipad mini 5.

Everytime I try to connect to my ipad from the airplay drop down menu, I get an error that states "Unable to connect to "leo's ipad" Sidecar requires a newer version of ipadOS". But checking for any new updates on my ipad gives me nothing at all.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Usually when I tether, I use bluetooth. I had this connected before I plugged in the cable for Sidecar. It seems that sidecar doesn't like working when using Personal Hotspot. If I disconnect the wireless connection then plug in the cable, the Macbook connects to the iPad using the cable for sidecar and then uses the cable for Personal Hotspot as well.

I just found this list from a 3rd party site. The iPad Mini 4 appears to have dropped off the list. It was working fine in the first iPadOS beta. I wish Apple had given us some notice so I could have stopped wasting my time.

iPads that support Sidecar

To use Sidecar with your iPad, your tablet must support either the first- or second-generation Apple Pencil. These include:

Apple Pencil:

• iPad Air (3rd generation)
  • iPad mini (5th generation)
  • iPad (7th generation)
  • iPad (6th generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation)
  • iPad Pro 10.5-inch
  • iPad Pro 9.7-inch

Apple Pencil (2nd generation):

• iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation)
  • iPad Pro 11-inch

iPadAir2 don't support sidecar from feedback assistant.
Sidecar support applepencile support model only.

Can't use sidecar

Q