Could not locate device support files.

Unable to run app on physical iPhone 6S since iOS 11.1 upgrade.

Error: "This iPhone 6s is running iOS 11.1 (15B5066f), which may not be supported by this version of Xcode."

Issue with both:

- Xcode Version 9.0 beta 6 (9M214v), and

- Xcode Version 9.0 (9A235)

Accepted Reply

In that example, you want the Xcode 9.1 beta.

Replies

In that example, you want the Xcode 9.1 beta.

very bad answer from Apple. They release official version of iOS yet, you need beta IDE to support it

Does anyone have a fix for this yet other then downloading XCode 9.1 beta? I'm in Australia on really ****** internet so downloading a new XCode takes about a day for me and I would like to get something way before that.

Completely agree with irfanG here, being on an official release of iOS and suddenly being cut of while using the latest version of XCode. I specifically made sure I was on the latest version before upgrading my iPhone as I was in that boat before, but suddenly needing a beta to create release software... UGH...

The fix is using tools that include support.

>needing a beta to create release software

11.1 is not release software. As well, apps built against beta tools cannot be submitted to the store, so...

If 11.1 goes public, so will the tools. Eventually.

I'm getting a similar error as OP but my reference code is '15B93' and my phone is just the 6. This, even after upgrading to 9.2 beta. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my specs:

• iOS 11.1
  • Xcode 9.2 beta
  • iPhone 6

I reverted back to iOS 11.0.3 and now I am able to deploy my app on my phone while using Xcode 9.2 beta.

I used method 1 as outlined here: http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/mobile-phone/how-downgrade-ios-11-3618122/

I am literally in the same boat as you. I have the same specs by updating my iphone to IOS 11.1 and getting the Xcode 9.2 beta and bstill I get this same error.

The same is happening here, for XCode beta 9.2. If you go to the Device Support folder included in the beta release package (/Applications/Xcode-beta.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport) then iOS 11.1 is missing from there, however I see an iOS 11.2 folder and a iOS 11.0 folder... did they just forget to include iOS 11.1?

Right now installing the official XCode 9.1 release, which in the notes says to have support for

iOS 11.1 (15B93 | 15B101)

I just download the XCode beta 9.2 and do see the iOS 11.2 folder in the beta release package. However I still get the same message error when trying to use XCode with my iPhone 6S Plus on iOS 11.2.

Anybody has the same issue? Or solved it 🙂

After reading all the comments that 9.2 beta didn't solve the issue, as of 5 November, I directly went on to install Xcode 9.1 from App Store and it just worked right away, supports iOS 11.1 so I guess that's the best option for now.

After you've downloaded the new beta of Xcode from Apple, and installed it. Check your Applications folder, you may find (As I did) a Xcode-beta2.app, as the older beta was not overwritten.

Delete the old beta and rename the new one, everything should then work fine.