App Rejected, After iOS 11 for IPv6

I submitted my App for the first time before iOS 11 was released, the app was then promptly approved by the App Store review team (Sep-11-2017), I wanted to add a preview video and update some marketing links in the store description, so I resubmitted the app again (after iOS 11.0 was puplicly released), the review team has rejected the app twice over IPv6 compatibility reasons.

After first rejection we made sure that our API service is IPv6 compliant, we confirmed this with multiple test sites as detailed in Apple's testing guide, and also conducted the NAT64 test recommended by apple using the internet sharing on a Mac.

The API service and app are working fine and passed all the tests recommended by Apple, yet the App still got rejected, twice.

I created a Developer Support Ticket and pretty much what they said if the review team doesn't provide an evidence for IPv6 issues, then it could be something completely different (so effectively review team is misleading us); and they couldn't help further, they suggested that Apple's test environment could have a bug causing this.

Now all I got from Apple is some pre-made generic replies that are likely misleading (said by DST team).

What is the solution? are others experiencing same issue now?

Do I email Tim and let him know that things are getting out of control because of the new iOS release or what?

Replies

Ask them for their logs demonstrating the failure of your app on IPv6.

I have had the IPV6 connectivity rejection issue many times with multiple apps with multiple different server back ends.

I know my apps have no issues with client device running ipv6

Every single time I just resubmitt the app again and it passes.

My thoughts are apple has some connectivity issues themselves in their lab and when anything does not connect perfectly the first time you get this generic error from them. I have seen this same response from many people leading me to beleive that apple is wasiting alot of our time!!

Hello, we have the same problem. The app works fine in our environment but Apple said it can't reach our server into the IPv6 Network.

We also try the NAT64 test recommended by apple using the internet sharing on a Mac and it works very well, but we have same results Apple rejected the app.

We are going to send a video showing them the app works.

I don't know what else to do.

We send the video to app review but they answer we have to contact Apple developer technical support.

So I think we have to submit a TSI.

What do they say about this issue? Did you solve the problem?

I have had the IPV6 connectivity rejection issue many times.
But this is a generic error and show the hardware, tencnology and config used for testing app.
For example in my app the problem was date format (different between 14:00 and 2:00Pm).
After I fixed this issure every next update sended I have not received rejection

There are many ppl face the same issue. But there isn't not any concluded advise from developers or from apple themselves. Our app face the same and again guess work is going on!.

Can apple team advise in the interest of saving time, energy and effectiveness of forum.

MM