App Store Ratings with iOS 11 version

Hi

Can anyone at Apple clarify what is happening regards resetting app ratings, now that developers can submit iOS 11 built updates.

I can not see any button on iTunes Connect to reset ratings or indeed not reset ratings. So our ratings still going to be wiped like they have previously been?

Is this feature going to be added to iTunes Connect on September 19th with the general release of iOS 11 ?

Can someone from Apple reading this please comment (even if it is just to say they can't say!).

Cheers

Steve

Replies

I would love to know as well. Just submitted an update for iOS11, and don't see the option anywhere in iTunes Connect.

This is becoming quite critical.

We have been holding a release back, because we did not want the ratings reset, and we need to provide an update for iOS 11.

I am also in the same position. I do not want my ratings removed and am waiting for the update.

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/ratings-and-reviews/

"You’ll soon be able to reset your app’s summary rating when you release a new version of your app."

I'm waiting for this as well. I wonder if this could mean that the default (i.e. the one currently active for any apps submitted now) is for reviews to NOT reset, and that they will soon add the ability to reset, on request.

Yes, we've been holding off an update as well, waiting for this to be released.

Can someone from Apple comment on when this feature will be available ?

I would love to know about this.

I need to update my app to 64 bit from 32bit for iOS11

But I don't want to reset my ratings ! It has a lot of good ratings.

I would love to khow how can I update my app without reset ratings...

UPDATE:

So as of a couple of days ago it would appear that when a new update is released the Ratings are no longer reset. The Ratings form the previous version are still shown and new ratings are then added to these.

I guess the iTunes Connect option to reset rating for a new version release will be added at some point in the future.

But the issue that they were being reset when a developer did not want them reset, seems to now be resolved.

Looks like everything is ready for the general Apple iOS 11 release and the new App Store tommorrow.

Thanks Steve for the information. You have released an update and came to know this from that, right? I have got my app update reviewed but have holded release to weekend to know about this ratings thing.

Was your case that you got to keep the review + stars from only the previous version of the App (they will no longer reset from now on)? Or are ALL your historic reviews & ratings added to the current version (not reset from the beginning of time)?

Yes that is what has happened with my app.

Kept ratings from the previous version of the app.

According to Apple Developer Support:

Thank you for contacting us.

Reviews are version specific. So, when you submit a new version of an app, the existing reviews will show up in ‘All Versions’ but will not show up on the updated version of the app.

There is no feature that can prevent this from happening once you submit a new version. I can submit a feedback to the appropriate team on your behalf if you wish.

I hope this information was helpful.

If you have additional questions related to this request, please reference case number ************.

Best regards,

Hanh
Apple Inc.

So, after they released iOS 11 public, our reviews were reset to the version we released for iOS 11.

Yesterday, the ratings of the prior version was included, today, they were gone.

Big bummer :-(

We released iOS 11 GM built updates around Sept 17th so that all our apps were updated and ready for iOS 11 in time for the general release on Sept 19th. Surely Apple would encourage that behaviour from developers.

Since Sept 16th the New App Store (when viewed on iOS 11 beta device), has shown that the apps ratings for the previous version would not be wiped out. Any new ratings for the newly released version were just added to that total.

This was consistent with the Apple docs that described the behaviour of the new App Store in that I had not chosen to reset my app's ratings in iTunes Connect.

So I hit the release button for my updates.

At least thinking that my apps would keep the ratings amassed from the last version (if not any from all the previous years of versions).

But now today with the official release of iOS 11 all the ratings have been wiped and my apps only now shows the few rating I have got in the last couple of days on our new latest iOS 11 update.

And now to rub salt into the wound the “Don’t Wipe All My Ratings” button has just appeared on iTunes Connect!

Surely as developers we should have had a choice with the New App Store, not having it forced on us to wipe our ratings.

If all developers waited till today Sept 19th, to submit iOS 11 updates, the apps on the App Store would not be ready for the general release of the new iOS.

I do not think the way Apple has implemented this change this has been thought through properly. Because I do not believe, and really hope, that Apple would not behave in this way towards its developers.

I would ask that the ratings shown on the New App Store reflect the fact that developers have not requested to have any ratings reset throughout this whole beta period of the New App Store. Is this not the default behaviour of the new app store.

That is ratings that it should show to be consist wit the docs that Apple released. At this point now if developers want they can elect to have their ratings wiped in iTunes Connect when submitting a new update.

I previously have had only good things to say about developing apps for the Apple App Store, but right now I am rather ****** off.

+1