Downgrading from iOS 11 back to iOS 10.3.2

I upgraded my iphone 7 last night to iOS 11 beta 2 and wanting in the end wanting to downgrade back to ios 10.3.2. I downloaded the ios restore image restored the iphone in DFU mode. I slected upgrade and options to selected the .ipsw that i wanted to downgrade to and it went trough without issue, but the phone **** at the DFU/recover screen and would not go passed. Ive tired to down grade with stages buy ios11b2>ios0.3.2 and unsuccessful. I have selected the restore options trough itunes and it comes up as back up and restore to ios 10.3.2 and the device got stuck at the DFU/Recovery mode and would not go passed the screen. Ive tried to restart the phone and it will just go back to the same screen. I gave up and just put ios 11 back on and it worked fine went trough with no isse. Is there a way to downgrade or not?

note: this is not my personal phone its a work phone that i use for test applicatoins.

Accepted Reply

Having the same issue, no one at the apple store can help me resolve it.

Everyone is saying that you should downgrade to iOS 11 BETA 1 then down to iOS 10.3.2, there's no possible way to go from iOS BETA 2 down to iOS 10.3.2.

Replies

See the posting here -

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/80614

I downgraded an iPad Pro the other day by connecting it to a Mac whilst it’s turned on, then put the iPad into DFU, iTunes then downloaded 10.3.2 and very quickly the iPad rebooted into iOS 10 without any problems.

It works if you are going from iOS 11 beta 1 down. Specific problem here is on iOS beta 2 down.

Having the same issue, no one at the apple store can help me resolve it.

Everyone is saying that you should downgrade to iOS 11 BETA 1 then down to iOS 10.3.2, there's no possible way to go from iOS BETA 2 down to iOS 10.3.2.

+++ Fixed Issue +++

For all those who have the problem of downgrading from iOS 11 beta 2 to iOS 10.3.2, I am aware that I have just managed to do this successfully. Here are the steps:

Start from:

iPhone 7 iOS 11 beta 2 (iPhone_7_11.0_15A5304i_Restore);

Put iPhone 7 in DFU;

Restore iOS 11 beta 1 from iTunes (iPhone_7_11.0_15A5278f_Restore)

Return it immediately to DFU directly from the welcome screen;

Restore iOS 10.3.2 from iTunes (iPhone_7_10.3.2_14F89_Restore);

The operation ended well and now I'm back to the stable version.

Best regards,

Vincenzo

2 Solutions to downgrade:

1. Downgrade from iOS 11 Beta 2 to iOS 10.3.3, then downgrade to iOS 10.3.2; you can use reiboot to do that;

2. Downgrade from iOS 11 Beta 2 to iOS 11 Beta, then downgrade to iOS 10.3.2; you can download the firmware and then restore your phone.

I managed to get down to 10.3.3, and you mentioned you can use reboot to do that, can you clarify?

can you give me a link of ipsw ios 11 beta 1 please? my iphone is in dfu mode

But how do i get iOS 11 Beta 1 and after that 10.3.2 on my iPhone? Its in DFU?

i don't know if it's allowed to put links here
but i suggest you to serach on youtube some videos put links of ios 11 beta 1 and 10.3.3 beta 4 or 5

for my case i have iphone 6s plus the only solution works for me is to restore my iphone by beta 2 -> beta 1 -> 10.3.3 beta5 -> 10.3.2

i hope that will works for you

i downgraded to 10.3.3 then all I did was used a back up I had on iCloud from a few days ago, done a factory reset and installed it from the back up, hey presto 10.3.2 working.

Im trying to follow your steps but with an iphone 6s (IPSW for 6s as well) and Itunes is says its not the compatible. Any suggestions?

this is an offical link from Apple https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/iosimagerestore

It is possilbe to skip the ios11 beta 1 and go straight to ios 10.3.3 beta from the link above.

como pudiste hacer o tenes alguna paguina de enlace donde pueda descargar nuevamente el ios 11 beta 1 o 2 ya que me quedo en modo restore y no puedo restaurar a la vercion 10.3.2 gracias

you can ONLY step back to 10.3.3 beta 5.. No earlier. Download the imaged and use it.