icloud backup does not perform in 10.3

On my iphone 7plus, no more icloud backups made since a while. (using 10.3. latest developer beta)

(every night connected to the power cord and WLAN)

Last backup Jan31st, 2017.

I am also missing a button "backup now" in the icloud settings.

Any idea how to get the automatic icloud backups performing again?

Replies

Same problem for me with 10.3 beta 2 on iPhone SE.

I have found a way to manually backup on iCloud in Settings, selecting then tapping on my user details at the top, then iCloud, then selecting iCloud backup,. There is an option to manually backup. It took ages and the command ended with a message that the backup could not be completed. A second attempt was sucessful. The backup also now shows in iTunes.

Yep I've had this same issue. After noticing my phone hadent backed up since 1/23/17 (the same day 10.3 beta 1 was released) I contacted apple and after speaking to a senior member who specializes in the beta program, he told me that in some betas they intentionally do not allow a full iCloud backup as it makes the process easier and the betas are not meant for personal use anyway. He said if you have iCloud Photo Library on, it will backup your notes, contacts, photos and maybe something else. He then let me know I could downgrade to 10.2.1, or wait for the full release of 10.3 in order to be able to use iCloud backup. Hope this helped!

Edit: The backup now works in 10.3 beta 4, you can update and your phone will start to backup again.

Since iOS 10.3 Beta 2 my iPhone has not been automatically backing up. Manual backups usually fail with a file in use error. This has not improved at all with beta 4. My iPad does not have this problem. I filed a feedback report.