Night Shift Option On Mac...Where ?

I read in the release notes that this 10.12.4 introduced Night Shift mode for Mac's. I cannot find that option anywhere so either havent looked everywhere OR this is only available for newer Mac's. Anyone found this option yet ?

Thanks all

Replies

Tried this on my mac pro with an external 27" Apple Cinema display and no option on that which is a real shame

Maybe not supported on some Macs or displays?

Agree that could be it although would seem a little strange that Apple would limit displays that this option is present on especially as software like f.lux is not make and model dependent

Scroll up in your notification center. It is above Do Not Disturb.

the settings are on the display menu ...

Its not there for me on both machines. Do Not Disturb is there but nothing above, that is the top.

This is what I was saying, when I go into Displays in preferences, I see Display, Color but no other tabs for Night Shift etc

Can anyone confirm they have tried this on a 2011 MBP or a Mac Pro with 27" Cinema Display and have it working ? Thanks. For reference, I was using f.lux before but don't see any remaining references to that nor would I think that would impact

Tried this on a 2012 MM, 2011 MBP. and Mac Pro and still cannot see the Night Shift mode. Are most people here doing upgrades or fresh installs ? Not sure other than age of machine what else is stopping this from showing up. I did raise a bug report just in case (and to get an explanation on if this is only supported on certain devices).

Does not work on MBP 2011 😟

It is there as you say on my late 2012 27" iMac.

FWIW, the Night Shift tab shows in both my Late-2015 27" iMac and my Early-2015 12" Retina Macbook. Those are the only two I have the betas installed on.

Not available on my Early-2011 MBP. Shame!

It doesn't seem to work on my 2015 MBP with Retina.

I have it turned on in System Preferences and also in the Today tab but don't see any difference in my display.

I even tried a Custom time range and still didn't make a difference.

UPDATE: After rebooting it does seem to work.

Not available on my early 2011 MBP either. Shame, I have no other reason to upgrade, it's a very good machine.