Provisioning profile "XXXXXX" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Distribution: XXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXX)".

Hi,

I'm new to Xcode development. I have been asked to update an old project done in objective-c.

I'm having this issue with my distribution provisioning profile. It goes like this

Provisioning profile "XXXXXX" doesn't include signing certificate "iPhone Distribution: XXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXX)".

The thing is I can see the certificate "iPhone Distribution: XXXXXXXXXX (XXXXXXXXXX)" in my keychain. But there are 2 of them. One has a private key and the other one doesn't and both have a different expiry date. When I checked the developer account, the distribution provisioning profile is signed with certificate that doesn't have a private key (the expiry date of the certificate shown on developer account is that of the one without private key)

1. What is causing this issue?
  2. How can I fix it?
  3. What if I can't get the private key from the older machine(as that machine is no more useable)

Please help.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of yashin Down vote post of yashin
43k views

Replies

I tried deleting one of the certificates, and also automatically manage signing. None of them worked.

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem.

I'm having the same issue, someone solved?

This is happening for no reason. I couldnt see why would it do this? I have all the keys needed but still it's complaining with this error. Apple, please resolve this issue and let us know the fix.

How resolve this issue? The user certificate iOS Distribution is set but not in the Keychain, but I don't know where download it...I can't make another one from xCode

Check the iOS Member Center / Provisioning portal, you can download certificates, profiles and more.

https://developer.apple.com/account/

FOR **** SAKE!!!! Is it that hard to renew a certificate? Apple is the only place I see this much trouble. Our private's key should be the same. We just renew the certificate so Apple know it's us. I am still three hours later with this issue. This happens EVERY YEAR.
  • Hey buddy, did you solve your issue?! I have some trouble to renew my certificate as well. I have the mensage that it is not getting response from Apple certificates That is returned when executing code: messaging().getToken() from the library @react-native-firebase/messaging. Do you have any idea to solve it? Tks buddy.

Add a Comment

Apples certification process is crap. We always have issues with signing when profiles expire. Nothing has changed in the app. As long as you have a valid working paid for account apps should run from a single certificate until your account is closed. Why add ridiculously short life spans for certificates and profiles it has never made sense. Why not a token that validates against your account. No account no running your Enterprise app. Apple need to short this out.

• Manual drag and drop .cer file to keychain => login list did help me.

Add a Comment

APPLE SUCKS! THAT'S WHAT IT IS! ***!!!!! why do we have to deal with this crap???? Why can't they manage their own crap?? and let us code!!!@

******* LOOSERS!!

• Agreed, apple does suck. It's never an easy endeavour doing anything when it comes to Apple development. Unfortunately they make pretty phones so they can get away with being terrible for developers.

Add a Comment

It happened to me when I forgot to agree to the new terms for paid applications. After agreeing to the terms, the newly generated provisioning profile started to work.

Add a Comment