CoreSpotlightContinuation

Hi,

Has anybody been able to get "Search In App" working?

I've added the CoreSpotlightContinuation key to my plist and set its value to YES but I never get the "Search In App" option with Spotlight for my app.

I can already search content using Spotlight and continue from Spotlight into my app by tapping on one of the search results but can't "Search In App" to continue the search within my app.

Currently testing on an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 10 Beta 6. I've been using the following documentation to implement this feature https://developer.apple.com/reference/corespotlight/cssearchableitem/1916178-continuing_a_search_within_your_?language=objc

Thanks,

-Mark

Accepted Reply

At first the "Search in app" did not show even in the Simulator, only after its restart. So, I rebooted the phone and the option showed up there as well.

• This was still relevant in 2022. After I added the plist key the simulator wouldn't show the 'search in app' but after restarting the simulator it showed up as expected.

Add a Comment

Replies

Further update...this works in the Simulator but not on my test device (iPhone 6 Plus iOS 10 Beta 6).

Are there device restrictions such that the "Search In App" feature is only available on certain devices?

Thanks,

-Mark

Same here, this flag works perfectly in the Beta 6 Simulator but not on my iPhone 6 Plus or iPad Pro [edit: devices run iOS 10 beta 8]

Similarly the "Show More" toggle on Today extension widgets (that support changing size modes) also seems to work on the Simulator but ignored on the device.

-Paul

At first the "Search in app" did not show even in the Simulator, only after its restart. So, I rebooted the phone and the option showed up there as well.

• This was still relevant in 2022. After I added the plist key the simulator wouldn't show the 'search in app' but after restarting the simulator it showed up as expected.

Add a Comment