Xcode 8 no NSLog output from app

Installed Xcode 8 / iOS 10 Beta and none of the NSLog statements in my app appear in the console.

Replies

Same here. Any ideas anyone?

Obj-C or Swift?

Tried any variants on NSLog? print; printIn; Swift.print; swlog....?

Great. I mean I can understand bugs but not having the logging work? Sheesh.

I dont think this is XCode related, but instead iOS related. The apps on my iOS 10 B1 device were built with the current XCode 7.x.x series and none yield any NSLog data. Currently nothing builds with XCode 8.

Ive not had any issue building anything in xcode 8. These problems happen within the simulator so they must be soley related to xcode I would think.

While I have since fixed the build issues with XCode 8, the NSLog issues I see occur on the device. I havent tried any of them in the simulator yet. None of the XCode 7.x built apps are generating NSLog data as they did before in 9.3.2.

Now that I am able to build with XCode 7.3.1 for iOS devices, this issue gets stranger. I can see the NSLog data scroll by using the Devices tool in XCode, but the actual file ends up with zero data. The same is true with the simulator, data shown in console but missing from file. Sure seems to be an iOS 10 issue.

I don't think this is just an iOS issue or an Xcode 8. This also shows up when running Mac apps also on Sierra using Xcode 7.3.1.

I'm switching all the relevant logging code that I **NEED** to see to Cocoa Lumberjack, which seems to be working fine.

Yes, have since confirmed the same issue with macOS apps. Seems unrelated to either the version of XCode or the version of macOS on which it was built, but instead where it runs.

FYI: I set `OS_ACTIVITY_MODE` to `disable` to hide crazy logging message in simulator. But it will also hide NSLog output on my iPhone SE device (print function in swift still works).

Remove the environment variable makes NSLog work again.

Thanks for that! I thought I was going crazy...

Thanks for that!

Also I've just disabled OS_ACTIVITY_MODE in scheme. It backed console output, but without any mess.