Where are the simulators for iOS Deployment target 8.3?

Good Day,

Are they just not available yet?

Or, I'm missing a setting or a tech note, but with Xcode 6.3.2 whenever I switch a project's settings ( iOS Deployment Target drop down ) to 8.3, all the simulators

go away and my current App scheme only has 1 value available "iOS Device".

Thanks!

Adam

This was posted originally on 5/30 but now archived in the old forum.

Accepted Reply

Ok, I figured this out..

In Xcode the Window menu, select "Devices", also includes a list of Simulators. You can Add "+" ones that are not there.

Works the same way in Beta 7.....

Replies

> Xcode 7.0 beta does not support iOS 8.4 and earlier simulator runtimes. (20699475)

http://adcdownload.apple.com/WWDC_2015/Xcode_7_beta/Xcode_7_beta_Release_Notes.pdf

Seems odd - even with deployment set to 8.3 it should list various simulators. What simulators do you have installed in Preferences?

Try a new project using your choice of simulator and see what it does.

Also, did you by any change rename Xcode or install it someplace atypical?

◅▻

Hey KMT,

- Note I originally dragged in a few png screen shots, but they don't actually display when I save them.

When I create a new single view app in Xcode Version 6.3.2 (6D2105) the project pane above targets xcode sets the iOS Deployment Target to 8.3, and in the Scheme drop down, iOS Device is the only item available. When selecting the Drop down, there are no Simulators at all. But when I change the iOS Deploy Target to 8.2, I can then select various simulators.

In my preferences I don't have 8.3 simulators, and can't download any as there are no options to do so.

Do you have 8.3 Simulators? I did notice this behavior on my work Mac as well, so I figure that Apple overlooked this in the build.

Perhaps I need to delete Xcode, and re-install it? Note: I actually routinely download the new version from the Dev center and not thru

the App Store.

Thanks for lending your thoughts...

Ok, I figured this out..

In Xcode the Window menu, select "Devices", also includes a list of Simulators. You can Add "+" ones that are not there.

Works the same way in Beta 7.....

Glad you worked it out, yes, /devices is the key. Thanks for the followup and good luck w/your apps.

◅▻

Thank you @chinrock for pointing that out.

Unfortunately when trying to an iOS Vesion < 9.0 Xcode just offerst me the solution to "Download more simulators..." This takes me to Settings > Downloads where no downloads are available...

Does anybody know if the Xcode 7 Betas will support iOS 8.x Simulators at a later time?

Beta XCode's don't include simulators for prior versions of iOS.

You will need to run your code in a production version of Xcode to test in prior versions of iOS.