3 Replies
      Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 12:07 PM by Tucker
      kaguilar Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

When I run a UI Test in Xcode 7, the line XCUIApplication().launch() causes the test to fail under the "Wait for app to idle" step:

UI Test Activity:

Assertion Failure: UI Testing Failure - Failed to perform AX action for monitoring the animations of Target Application, error: Failed to perform AXAction 2043 after 30 retries: kAXErrorServerNotFound (see <rdar://problem/15530121>)

Any idea what might be causing this failure?

• Re: UI Testing Failure due to failed AX Action
          jos Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I am having the same issue, but later in my testing than in launch.  Nothing is happening in my app that should be preventing the test from proceeding.  If I record the app, it is able to move past but not when it runs the test or any variation of it.  The line that fails for me is a button press.  It correctly identifies the button but fails when I try to tap the button.

t =    46.93s     Tap the "dropbox files" Button

t =    46.93s         Wait for app to idle

t =    76.95s             Assertion Failure: UI Testing Failure - App failed to quiesce within 30.0s

/xxxxxxx.swift:57: error: -[XXXUITests.XXXXUITests testDropbox] : UI Testing Failure - App failed to quiesce within 30.0s

Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Try removing your app from the simulator and rerunning the tests with a clean version of your app. It solved the problem for me

Tucker Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I was having exactly the same issue:

t =    12.56s                Assertion Failure: UI Testing Failure - Failed to perform AX action for monitoring the animations of Target Application 0x7fd16bd31d10, error: Failed to perform AXAction 2043 after 30 retries: kAXErrorServerNotFound

resetting the simulator and cleaning and building fresh didn't seem to be helping at all though.. for reasons not entirely obvious to me though refactoring :

class UITests: XCTestCase {
                  let app = XCUIApplication()
                  override func setUp() {
                      super.setUp()
                      continueAfterFailure = false
                      app.launch()
                  }

to:

class UITests: XCTestCase {
                  override func setUp() {
                      super.setUp()
                      continueAfterFailure = false
                      XCUIApplication().launch()
                  }

cleared it up entirely, I havent successfully replicated the issue in a sample project yet but maybe this will help someone else.