No On Demand Resoures, the app rejected

My app was rejected several times on the App store. It is said that In app Purchases where not accessible for Apple's quality engineers.

Therefore, I've redesigned the app, and necessary items were made accessible as ODR resources.

On my local iPhone, I am able to access ODR resources, I see how they are downloaded.

After submitting the app into TestFlight, i.e. when ODR resources are kept on Apple's web servers, everything is OK.

But when I submitted the app for the review, it was rejected: There is an error , Alert view says, that:

The requested application data doesn’t exist

Is it related with Apple Id? Why I can't access ODR resources even from TestFlight app, but for Apple they are not accessable?

Replies

Sorry, the last sence should be:

Why I can access ODR resources even from TestFlight app, but for Apple they are not accessable?

I see the same behaviour on my app. It works on Xcode and in TestFlight, but not in the review for the App Store.

I double checked Xcode and all assets are there with the right tags. After uploading to iTunesConnect, I also see the on-demand Resoucres noted there including the right amount and It says "yes" for ODR.

When I tested it in TestFlight there is also no problem. As an alternative I tried downloading the ODR from my own server and even that worked. When I setup a wrong url for the resources on purpose, there was a different error "404 Not Found" but in the Apple review it's "The requested application data doesn’t exist".

For the store version of my app I can not setup my own host because I have no Enterprise account, so I would think that it should automatically use the Apple servers correctly.

So sorry to have no answer for you but at least you are not alone with that problem!

For both cases here, I wonder if the problem is simpler than access to ODR. Here in DTS from time to time I receive support requests for this same problem description - App Review rejected an app - In app Purchases where not accessible. One issue that occurs from time to time is that in App Review, the SKProductsRequest will fail. More knowledgeable reviewers will know to restart their review device to clear the device from problems which may result having reviewed hundreds of untested apps on the devices before testing the specific iAP app. It might be that the reviewer wasn't aware of this issue, rejected the app, and the issue resulted in an incident to DTS.

If you would send me you app ID number, I can review the App Review rejection response and if it appears that the problem resulted due to a failure in the SKProductsRequest, I will send a request to my App Review contacts to have the app reviewed on a newly restarted device. If after review of the rejection, I don't feel that this is the case, I'll let you know and you are free to pursue support on the forum or with a DTS incident. You can send me an email to my personal account in the signature below. Please include the application ID so that I can find your app records - as well as a copy of the App Review rejection. I prioritize my DTS work first, so I can't guarantee an immediate response.

rich kubota - rkubota@apple.com

developer technical support CoreOS/Hardware/MFI