UIImagePickerController crashes from force touch

I'm using the UIImagePickerController to let the user select Live Photos, and whenever I do a force (3D) touch on the ImagePickerController if I don't have an image selected, it crashes the app, with this message:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '+[NSObject previewingContext:viewControllerForLocation:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x1a0596020'

3D touch works just fine in the UIImagePickerController when I select a live photo and it lets me preview it and I force touch to view the animation.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a problem on my end or if it's an SDK issue, but I have a feeling it's an SDK issue.

Replies

I'm facing a similar issue: after I've presented the standard photo library for the user to pick a photo, 3D touching any thumbnail in an attempt to preview the photo crashes the app with the same error. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do on my end to get the standard photo picker to support 3D Touch.

My app faces the same issue. I've been able to reproduce this crashing bug in at least 2 other apps by force-touching from the UIImagePickerController, including Slack (which appears to just freeze).

I submitted a bug report for the issue since it definitely appears to be an issue on Apple's end. Hopefully they fix it before the GM release.

Off topic a bit - how did you get Live Photos into the simulator to get to this point?

I'm using a real phone, iPhone 6s