Build error with Beta 3

[/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreUI_Sim/CoreUI-370.5/Bom/Storage/BOMStorage.c:517] <memory> is not a BOMStorage file

Replies

Can you please file a bug at bugreport.apple.com under tvOS SDK, with a sample project which reproduces the issue?

Ditto, same error here.

Worked finew under prior xCode beta.

Will try to build a simpler program to duplicate this error.

Happening to us as well now in Beta 3. Don't have a min repro yet.

Also seeing:

BOMStorage BOMStorageOpenInRAM(void *, size_t, Boolean): stream invalid; root page is outside of address range

This is happening to us as well. Also worked fine in previous XCode beta.

If you can attach the full build log to any bug you file, that would be helpful also.

Does the error point to any general area? This started happening for me too in beta 3 but the quick project I tried to start fresh doesn't have the error.

BTH I tried playing around more. The only lead I have is the log message happens when i move focus around in my collection view. Maybe one per cell it dequeues?

2015-10-07 13:53:29.162 POPSUGAR-TV[9008:377990] [/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/CoreUI_Sim/CoreUI-370.5/Bom/Storage/BOMStorage.c:517] <memory> is not a BOMStorage file

I tried modifying the UIKit catalog to match my cells (fixing its beta 3 constraint problem and putting the image and label into a stackview) but still no luck reproducing outside of my project. Best I can tell this isn't hurting so not sure what it's doing.

Thanks for the build log, this is a harmless message that can be ignored.

Thanks BTH. Is there any way to disable these logs as it's clouding up the console?

Good to know that it can be ignored. But it made it into the GM and really spams my console. Makes debugging really hard, would be great if those could at least be filtered…

Hi there,

I'm getting two of these messages everytime I change the focused cell in my table view, and we have a LOT of cells.

I'm somewhat concerned about the performance impact of this much logging. Certainly if there were any clues available to what we might be able to do to stop triggering them, I'd appreciate it.

i was able to trigger that console message by creating a UIImage from an NSData object

let image = UIImage(data: NSData(contentsOfFile: NSBundle.mainBundle().pathForResource("arrow", ofType: "png")!)!)

super-annoying as it is littering my console with these messages...

Same for me (I try different thread too just in case, but always this message)

// dispatch_async(dispatch_get_global_queue(0, 0), ^{

// dispatch_async(dispatch_get_main_queue(), ^{

NSURL *url = [NSURL URLWithString:ThumnailName];

NSData *data = [NSData dataWithContentsOfURL:url];

UIImage *image = [UIImage imageWithData:data]; <- message on this line

Spot on. I'm getting this on:

let image = UIImage(data: data)

To temporarily avoid the warning, instead of using:

let image = UIImage(data: data)

You can use something like:

let path = NSTemporaryDirectory() + "image_" + NSUUID().UUIDString
data.writeToFile(path, atomically: false)
let image = UIImage(contentsOfFile: path)

I also recommend adding a comment to explain why that's being done since it looks weird.